A question for those that had Pandoras and have their Pyras now

natarajsn

Still Fresh
Disclaimer: I dont have that much Linux Knowhledge, just a bit experience whit Ubuntu, Pandora Angstrom, and Pyra Debian..
The Pandora Linux had to get made quite small to fit in the few 100 mb of the Pandora NAND, so it came whit some basics, and this was it..
the Pyra got 32 gb, so you can install stuff from the Pyra Debian Repo as long as its fits the Hardware Specs, so you dont have to wait until someone makes a Libre Office PND Like on the Pandora, you can go to the Synaptic or the Terminal and install the Libre Office from there..
You could even use the Games from the Repo when you bind them to OpenGL via Terminal, or you can wait until someone ports it for the Pyra as DBP File whit build in OpenGL Support..

Not every game needs OpenGL Support, i have par exemple the Gnome Game Packet from the Pyra Repo which contains stuff like Solitär, Minesweeper etc you also know from a Windows Desktop and they run just normal..
Hi matzesu, "You could even use the Games from the Repo when you bind them to OpenGL via Terminal"
Whatever that means? Dynamic linking or something like that?

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
He means launching gl4es with the name of the program you actually want to run as an argument to the gl4es program, I assume. Gl4es is a shim that intercepts openGL calls and rewrites them as openGL-es calls.

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Yes would work, I allready made it whit the snooker game, I also wanted to make this whit Minetest but I ran into a issue whit the Sound Driver.. so it’s refused to work ..