A Question About Battery Removal..

zektor

This may sound dumb, but how are you guys removing your batteries? I have no nails so that doesn't do. I would not want to smack the back of the unit like one of my old radios to get the batteries out. They really should have added one of those good old cloth removal strips to the battery compartment. Anyway, I have been using a mini flathead to pull the battery out. I don't like doing this however, as I do not want to ruin my rechargeables.

So, the stupid question is how are you removing them?

This may sound dumb, but how are you guys removing your batteries? I have no nails so that doesn't do. I would not want to smack the back of the unit like one of my old radios to get the batteries out. They really should have added one of those good old cloth removal strips to the battery compartment. Anyway, I have been using a mini flathead to pull the battery out. I don't like doing this however, as I do not want to ruin my rechargeables.

So, the stupid question is how are you removing them?

I usually have no nails either, and I have no problem removing the batteries. The battery case is really "loose" and so there is a little bit of extra room in there to get your finger in and lift up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, mine ain;t loose at all. When they are in there, they are REALLY in there :)

Heh, mine ain;t loose at all. When they are in there, they are REALLY in there :)
I too have huge rechargables. My others ones are very loose becuse the otherones bave bent the metal contacts. I use the batter cover from my gp32. As the GP2x one seems crap and fragile like it would break where as the GP32 battery cover feels like a solid rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my finger, I don't say nails as I usually don't have long one's either, LOL. I must have smaller rechargables. I'd use something plastic like iignotus mentioned if you are worried about "dinging" the batteries. H.G.

Back