Battery Question

christo930

I was in Wallmart yesterday and they are carrying some new 2500mah AA batteries for $6.27 for a pack of 4. I was going to pick them up, but I didn't want an exercise in frustration, so I figured I'd ask if anyone had any experience with these batteries. Stupid me didn't write down the name brand of the batteries, but I figure most walmatrs carry the same things at the same price, so some people should know what I'm talking about. If a rechargable battery says 2500mah can you rely on them being pretty much the same as any other 2500mah battery? I read in consumer reports that almost all alkaline batteries give pretty much the same life, so why not the rechargables, especially when they say how much they hold.

Chris

I just got a set of four AA Energizer 2500mAh batteries and a compact charger for about $20 at Lowe's Home improvement center... after using standard alkaline batteris since I got my GP2X in December I have to say that these batteries are awesome. I've been playing for hours and hooking up via USB using only battery power and I'm getting hours and hours of up time, well worth the investment.

were they silver and green? If so, they are energizer and good. I have some 2500s myself. Energizer 2500mAh seem to be fairly common.

They were silver and green (mostly green) but they didn't say energizer. I looked for everyready (the maker of energizers) or some other brand marking on them, but I didn't see. One other question, will any ole NIMH battery charger charge these all the way to full capacity?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
They were silver and green (mostly green) but they didn't say energizer. I looked for everyready (the maker of energizers) or some other brand marking on them, but I didn't see. One other question, will any ole NIMH battery charger charge these all the way to full capacity?

I don't know how hard it is for you to take another trip to walmart, but I think that is probably the only way to know for sure.

As for charging, it all depends on the charger, read the package and see what the charger says.

Or get the manual out and see if it has a list of the time it takes to recharge batteries, mine for example says that the 2500mAh are 8 hours to charge, 1800mAh are less at about 7 hours.

If you get a 15min charger you might have to put them in twice to get a full charge.

I would look for a one-hour charger with a fan in it rated for the 2500mAh, that way the batteries have enough time to charge and won't overheat.

I went to Harbor Freight (the cheapo truck sales that send out fliers) they have 4AA NiMH for like $4 or $5, if you are into the cheapest, I think they were over 2000mAh power. There is a physical store in Chico, CA that I go to.

I would maybe investigate a bigger pack of the Energizers say $25 for a charger and 8 AA 2500mAh, and 4 AAA 800mAh at Sam's club, just go with someone who has a membership, I went to Costco with a friend but I can't recall what they had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back