A possible PND-system replacement

Oh excellent, thanks @slaeshjag it's a Debian Wheezy VM. @TrashyMG only the libgtk-3-dev, I'll try another version as well, if not then I'll comment them out. re: A15 not sure anything will be suitable really this is an vexpress-a9 machine, just haven't figured out the kernel recompile for vexpress-a15 yet (likely not for a while either).

I haven't built on wheezy in a long time.

I'm currently targetting Jessie, and probably switching to Stretch whenever I upgrade my computers to it.

I haven't built on wheezy in a long time.

I'm currently targetting Jessie, and probably switching to Stretch whenever I upgrade my computers to it.
Well I can tell you it does work in stretch, I moved to aTc's Stretch install a month ago.

I got bit further on by commenting out only to throw another load of syntax errors, so probably Wheezy is a dead end for any pyra related fun. Nevermind, back to researching a15 VM's, thanks.

Maybe this have been talked about, but in case of a CPU upgrade to ARM64, is the dpb system ready for that ?

Well, at the core of it all it really needs is a label to identify its intended architecture, and then the pnd runner can do a context switch to 32-bit mode to run it (assuming we're running a 64-bit OS) if it's not a 64-bit ARM package, or maybe lanuch QEMU on it if it's a completely foreign architecture. All that's really needed right now it the tag to identify its ABI, and it sounds like it's already got that and more, so that's good then.

Well it would be sleashjag, The code is a bit old, but I haven't had too much issues with it... I'm also using the factory installed Linux kernel and know there are some AUFS dependencies that would likely break if not using the specially compiled kernel aTc puts out.

Yup. And I found out that AUFS isn't included in the Linux kernel.
This is annoying.

Does it looks like functional enough to replace AUFS ?
Well AUFS can be enabled in the kernel easy enough aTc has experience with doing so.

This looks promising, but I know AUFS was used over other things was it could handle spanning different filesystems better than most... but not that familiar with this.

Back