A possible PND-system replacement

Discussion in 'Pyra OS (Debian GNU/Linux)' started by slaeshjag, Jul 28, 2014.

1. sm0kew0n

sm0kew0n Very Active Member

Oh excellent, thanks @slaeshjag it's a Debian Wheezy VM. @TrashyMG only the libgtk-3-dev, I'll try another version as well, if not then I'll comment them out. re: A15 not sure anything will be suitable really this is an vexpress-a9 machine, just haven't figured out the kernel recompile for vexpress-a15 yet (likely not for a while either).

2. slaeshjag

slaeshjag ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I haven't built on wheezy in a long time.

I'm currently targetting Jessie, and probably switching to Stretch whenever I upgrade my computers to it.

3. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

Well I can tell you it does work in stretch, I moved to aTc's Stretch install a month ago.

4. sm0kew0n

sm0kew0n Very Active Member

I got bit further on by commenting out only to throw another load of syntax errors, so probably Wheezy is a dead end for any pyra related fun. Nevermind, back to researching a15 VM's, thanks.

5. Linux-SWAT

Linux-SWAT Hardcore Member

Maybe this have been talked about, but in case of a CPU upgrade to ARM64, is the dpb system ready for that ?

6. slaeshjag

slaeshjag ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In what way wouldn't it?

I've used it on amd64, and there is enough of a mechanism to differentiate different architectures, their runtime environments, and what architecture the current install is capable of running.

ClockworkCoder and Linux-SWAT like this.
  7. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Well, at the core of it all it really needs is a label to identify its intended architecture, and then the pnd runner can do a context switch to 32-bit mode to run it (assuming we're running a 64-bit OS) if it's not a 64-bit ARM package, or maybe lanuch QEMU on it if it's a completely foreign architecture. All that's really needed right now it the tag to identify its ABI, and it sounds like it's already got that and more, so that's good then.

8. Linux-SWAT

Linux-SWAT Hardcore Member

I wasn't aware of that. That's nice.