A Few Questions About That There Pandora

relliker said:
I hope that "Viciously Alarming Tax" was included in the price. I don't mind paying for 'dora but I really do wish that gov'mnt dropped "Very Avoidable Tax" for non-commercial products, so we could have "Very Amiable Toys" to play with instead of having to fall victim to "Vilifying Alcoholic Temptations" while we wait for similar innoVATions.

Which "Varying Alternative Text" would you prefer for V.A.T.? :)
Vault-tec Assisted Targeting?

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
God Ginrai said:
Did you remember to include VAT?
No I didn't, intentionally. The original price on the front page was 330 USD or 199 GBP, before VAT. After VAT, that would be about 230 GBP, but UKs are currently paying 266 GBP, which would be 230 GBP before VAT. So, assuming the exchange rate doesn't change between now and the second batch, either the price will remain at 230 GBP (before VAT) and come up to 385 USD for Americans, or stay at 330 USD and come back down to 200 GBP (before VAT) again for UKians.
Or they keep the difference the same. Every other product I've seen in the UK basically fails the exchange rate. ie, a big mac meal in the UK is about 6 GBP, a big mac meal in the US is about 6 USD. Most electronics that I noticed were X GBP there and (surprise) X USD here: same price, just different currency, despite the differences in exchange rate. By that logic, the UK should be grateful that it's *only* 230 GBP, and not 330 GBP :p

IIRC VAT was at 17.5% when Pandora was released. It dropped to 15% on 1 December 2008 AFAICS (but certainly around that date), but should go back up to 17.5% before Batch 2 (currently due to revert 1 January 2001).

This should only complicate/affect UK purchases, and only assuming OpenPandora passed on the VAT "savings" (of 2.5%) to customers in the first place (it'd be around the £5/£6 difference mark for just a Pandora).

CC_machine said:
Nope, £200.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&asource=hp&q=330+%24+in+£&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

At the moment anyway ;)

The price will be whatever $330 is in £ when you order it.
Some from the UK have reported that they're paying 230(ish) GBP plus vat, so a total of 266GBP, even though the current exchange rate is 330 USD <-> 200 GBP. So how they handle the prices in the future is still a mystery.

CC_machine said:
Nope, £200.

http://www.google.co...&meta=&aq=f&oq=

At the moment anyway ;)

The price will be whatever $330 is in £ when you order it.

$330 is excluding VAT is it? :huh: If it isnt, *1.15 and we get £230.

You're flat out wrong. If you order it and you're paying in GBP then OP charge you £266, REGARDLESS what the current exchange rate is. This is why people were pissed off with the (wrong) price on the website.

Back