A Downgrader Has Finally Arrived!

Quiest

I like turtles!
Go visit PSPSpot, the downgrader is waiting for your 2.0 PSP. :D:D:D:D:D

I`m downloading 2.0 upgrade right now, I tell if it worked in about an hour :D

Lots of people have confirmed it working fine, and have tested both downgrading to 1.5 then back upto 2.0 without issue.

I have just downgraded to 1.5 without a hitch.

Just a quick query, I take it it's now fine to delete all the files i had to copy across in order to make the update work?

Anyone know?

Shadow of Chaos posted on Sep 28 2005 at 12:03 PM said:
the readme file says it hasnt been tested, and not only that but "could" brick your psp.

This.. is.. not.... good.
They always say that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so simple to do heres a guide:

This will ONLY WORK on a 2.0.

1) You need to unzip the files MPHDowngrader.zip and EBOOT_1.50.zip. Use a program such as
WinRAR, 7Zip, or WinZip (check Google). Once they are unzipped, you're ready to begin.

2) Set up a USB connection with your PSP and your computer.

3) Once the connection is set up, open up My Computer and browse to the removable disk that
is your PSP. You'll need to set a few things up here.

4) When you first double click to open up the PSP on your computer, you'll be in what's
called the root menu. There will be a PSP folder showing if you are in the right place.

5) Copy over to your PSP the following files to THIS location in the root folder...NOT
in the PSP folder or any other folder. Index.dat and h.bin should both be in your root
directory.

6) Once this is done, open up the PSP folder and then open up the Photo folder. Here,
you will copy overflow.tif over, keeping it in the Photo directory and not a sub directory.

7) Now, go back to the PSP directory and go into the Game directory. If there is not
already, create a folder called UPDATE. It MUST be called UPDATE and nothing else.

8) Open up the new UPDATE folder and then copy EBOOT.PBP into this folder from your
computer. Once all of this is done, you're ready to downgrade. So far, so good.

Double check that you followed the above instructions before continuing.

Good.

9) Now, disconnect the USB connection from the computer and plug the AC
adapter into the PSP. As with all upgrades, you must have a certain percentage of battery
life as well as the AC adapter plugged in, or this will not work.

10) Go to the Photo icon on your PSP and scroll through the pictures to get to
overflow.tif. You do NOT have to press anything. It will start automatically.
Two strings of letters/numbers will appear. This is normal and good.

11) Wait AT LEAST 30 SECONDS and then turn off your PSP by holding the power button up
until it fully shuts down. Then, start your PSP again.

12) You will now go over to the Game icon and scroll down to memory stick. Select it
and you should see the 1.5 update.

13) Select it and start it up. Go through it as you've done before with your 2.0 update
and follow the prompts. When the update reaches 99% it will crash and show an error.
THIS IS OKAY. DO NOT PANIC. Once again press the power switch up until it fully turns off.

14) Now, turn the PSP back on. You will get another error. Just press the "O" button
and it will restart after rebuilding the system data. Then just set it up as you did
when you first got your PSP and you have a brand new 1.5 PSP. Be responsible with it.

Go here to watch a video of it being done.

HOLY FUCKING CRAP! THIS IS AMAZING NEWS.

**breathe**

I'm quite excited by this news, unfortunately my PSP is in the hands of a 30 year old ambulance dispatcher called Tony, can't get it back until tommorow.

when you put the demo disc in goto game menu (use the home key) and the update will be there.

click on it to launch.

make sure your battey is full and have the charger plugged in and switched on.

razzy posted on Sep 28 2005 at 04:46 PM said:
when you put the demo disc in goto game menu (use the home key) and the update will be there.

click on it to launch.

make sure your battey is full and have the charger plugged in and switched on.

Thanks man, ill give it a go now.. i got to try that webbrowser first though :D .

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone, i got a 1.5 but i picked up a white psp the weekend from dudley market for a work friend who didnt want to wait till early 2006 to buy one from gamestation, and it has the 2.0 firmware, whats the likelyhood of this downgrade f**kin his psp up? is it really as simple as it sounds? thanks for any help on this, just dont want to be held responsible for telling him it was a good idea to do!

if you have 2.0 and downgrade to 1.5, do you still keep the internet explorer that was with 2.0? Or does it remove every and all trace of the previous firmware?

It`s completely easy and I don`t think there is more more chance bricking a psp with downgrading as with upgrading ;)

Back