GP32 A contact person for GP32 development

mth411

Ive seen several games made for mobile phones and the like, and I was wondering if there was someone "official" enough to contact them and see if they would do a gamepark port.

Maybe someone like Craig from GBAX.com or lik-sang could relay compainies to gamepark, or entware could contact these groups and offer paid for downloads of their games?

Sorry, Im sure this has been asked before.

My thought is for getting a racing game/engine ported from somecompany that already has a good one working like overloaded for symbian (its a decent racing game)
notes at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/6/prweb70491.htm
screenshots in http://www.bik5.com/screenshots.zip

Sorry, just a thought. These companies could make some dough for so little work.
And help out the GP in their efforts.

Sorry for wasting anyones time!
mth411

I've never dev'ed much on mobile phones but i believe they all run basicly on a kind of java platform so the same games work on all the phones, to run them on the GP32 would need an interpreter for that code, probably not out of the question for this to happen.

However i've no idea if it is open source or a closed licenced kinda deal.

Someone here must know?

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Games on mobile phones are all written in Java (J2ME), so they'd have to be rewritten in c/++ to work on t'old gp32, no?

Being written in Java doesn't stop there having to be different binaries for the different handsets either - different screen sizes, interface mechanisms, key layouts, etc...
Though technically you can run a lower-res Java Game on a higher-res handset (say a series 40 game on a series 60 handset), but the game doesn't fill the screen and will looks pants!

(I work for a company which sells such Java Games, among other things)

Oh, and I believe you can get a free sdk for developing J2ME Games(?) - but you still need handsets to test on (expensive), and it's not unknown for badly bugged Java to *totally* screw a phone! (VERY expensive!)

I've done some J2ME development. The GP32 has more than enough power to run a J2ME VM if there was one, but most J2ME games are
1) Adapted for very low resolutions (128x128 or so)
2) Using vendor specific extensions, mainly Nokia has much extra functions

Now, not all phone games are written in Java, the Symbian games (as the one linked earlier) are mostly written in C or C++.

Back