A Console Made In The Year I Was Born

There wasn't a lot of variety in games at the time. The slider selects the different games - tennis, hockey, whatever. They're all just the same dot square bouncing around the screen. In shooting mode, instead of paddles on the screen you just shoot the square as it flies around. Hours of fun.

Gruso said:
There wasn't a lot of variety in games at the time. The slider selects the different games - tennis, hockey, whatever. They're all just the same dot square bouncing around the screen. In shooting mode, instead of paddles on the screen you just shoot the square as it flies around. Hours of fun.

That's a pretty damn realistic gun for shooting square pixels with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Now we get gruesome, realistic violence on the screen and we're lucky if we get a lame piece of grey plastic with a fluoro orange tip. I guess it all balances out. Probably for the better. :D

716px-snes.jpg

Does it have Sonic?

Ahh 1990:

Amstrad GX 4000
SEGA Game Gear
SNK Neo-Geo
SEGA Master System II
SGT-7202A: clone Nintendo NES
Nintendo SNES (Japan)
NEC TurboExpress
NEC SuperGrafx
NEC CoreGrafx II
NEC PC-Engine GT
NEC ShuttleGrafx
Hall of Fame Games PowerPro (vaporware)

And after checking Wikipedia. The Game Gear first came out 2 days after my birthday (October 4th) on October 6th in Japan

Nothing from the year i was born!! but i hardly expected any... 1961...lol

I did buy a Dick Smith Wizzard in the 80's and remember it was great , had about 6 games and the Basic cartridge and the squishy rubber key keyboard. fond memories... been looking on ebay but havent seen one yet!!

mb_vectrex_1s.jpg

That's why I'm so good at vectorial drawing :lol:

sinclair_zx-spectrum_3-4_2_hr_s.jpg

AHA! The best computer of all times born the same year as me!
(Just want a vinyl sticker for the pandora to have the ZX Spectrum stripes on the keyboard... And to find my old books with games source code for spectrum!)

Besides, a lot of great computers where manufactured in 1982, but not so good for consoles.

[SENTIMENTAL SIGH]It is quite beautiful, isn't it...[/SENTIMENTAL]

Well this was released in Japan the year I was born...
Nintendo_entertainment_system.jpe

..which means I was old enough to start playing it when it got to Europe :D

Back