A Battery Question

fishybawb said:
But who says the custom battery supplier will be around in 6 months, nevermind 5-6 years? Will they be able to source another supplier?
Of course. We're not talking super-secret magic technology here. Even if dodgy battery factory #1 goes under, you just place your order with dodgy battery factory #2 instead. Or perhaps #182. There are any number of factories in china who will gladly slap a bunch of LiPo cells into a case of your design.

There is nothing to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that though the battery back may be a custom shape, there should be no reason for the actual internal cell size to be different. I have refurbished laptop battery pack cells before, no reason why you can't do the same with the Pandora battery.

craigix said:
Hacking another battery to work on the pandora should be pretty easy if you are still using it in 6 years time.
Right - just rig something up to plug into the AC adapter port. Like this external battery/grips for the PSP.

41J1DMBH1KL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It plugs into the power port, so it's just like having it plugged into the wall.

chad78 said:
craigix said:
Hacking another battery to work on the pandora should be pretty easy if you are still using it in 6 years time.
Right - just rig something up to plug into the AC adapter port. Like this external battery/grips for the PSP.

41J1DMBH1KL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It plugs into the power port, so it's just like having it plugged into the wall.

This is the single most intelligent thing you have said in the entire history of things you have said on here.

aznJun said:
talking about the battery....
will there be a green or light flash indicator for the battery when it is low power?
like the psp?

-aznJun
I suggest that a small mechanical arm, comes out of the pandora and slaps you for playing 10 hours non-stop. ;)

aznJun said:
will there be a green or light flash indicator for the battery when it is low power?
like the psp?
We have full control over the power led, so it could be flashed when the battery is low on power. You can bet Michael has already designed how that will work :)

Squidge said:
aznJun said:
like the psp?
We have full control over the power led, so it could be flashed when the battery is low on power. You can bet Michael has already designed how that will work :)

oh alright...
will it have more colours?
also like the ds?
green and red?

-aznJun

Squidge said:
On this topic, looking at the PCB, there's only 2 pins out to the battery. Does this mean there's no Coulomb counter/battery monitor chip that can be accessed on I2C or DOW? Perhaps this is build into the TWI5030, but I doubt it. LION charge level is quite hard to determine off voltage alone, and you don't get much warning before it's about to run out otherwise.

I can't say too much due to NDA, but the T2 can monitor the battery voltage quite accurately using the usual methods, and the main SoC can request various information about whats happening with regards to the battery and charger circuit.

Insanemal said:
This is the single most intelligent thing you have said in the entire history of things you have said on here.
Thank you. :unsure:

Back