Battery Replacements After The Apocalypse

After The Apocalypse i'll just take the pandora to the nearest nuclear powerplant and fill it up with plutonium.
Or yank a few battery's from abandoned Priuses...

I reckon I'll just be able to charge it from my Pip-Boy 3000.

This thread got me thinking that there has to be a way to tap wild vegetation for electricity. Like those old science fair experiments with the potato clock and stuff. Turns out that you can in fact power your Pandora with a tree. Humanity really needs to start breeding plants that produce excess amounts of bio-electric energy for purposes such as this.

mali said:
I've seen a Cola powered cell phone recently(maybe on Engadget?) :D

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/12/sugar-powered-phone-concept-robs-us-of-perfectly-good-coke/ :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
I've seen a Cola powered cell phone recently(maybe on Engadget?) :D
Cola is fine and good, but my addiction to caffeine will likely preclude my need to charge my Pandora. I know the shame of it! Trees, however are everywhere, and in abundance. I wonder how many I'd have to string together in series to charge something in a reasonable amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how efficient that sugar fuel cell is. Just imagine, put a kilo of sugar in your backpack when on the road and make some fuel when you need it. A small device might run for months with it :)
Edit:
“The concept is using bio battery to replace the traditional battery to create a pollution free environment. Bio battery is an ecologically friendly energy generates electricity from carbohydrates (currently sugar) and utilizes enzymes as the catalyst. By using bio battery as the power source of the phone, it only needs a pack of sugary drink and it generates water and oxygen while the battery dies out.
Bio battery has the potential to operate three to four times longer on a single charge than conventional lithium batteries and it could be fully biodegradable. Meanwhile, it brings a whole new perception to batteries and afternoon tea. “
Just wow!

Thanks for the link WhiteBat :)

Back