A 3DS knock off!!! Another Android 4.0 (ICS) hand-held~

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
https://www.youtube.com/embed/51Q2JIK-aeg?feature=oembed

top_01.jpg

5.0-inch Capacitance A9 Cloud Services(Coming soon)

ARM Cortex A9 CPU, 5 Point Capacitance, Cloud Services, 7 Simulator Games

S5100 Deluxe Edition Features:

● Exclusive high-quality appearance design

● 5 Point Touch, Gravity Sensor, Special buttons

● Android 2.3.4

● ARM Cortex A9 CPU, 512MB

● 5.0-inch 800*480 HD capacitive touch screen

● Cloud Services: For games and apps

● 7 Simulator Games

● Wi-Fi

● HDMI output

● 1080P DSP hardware video decoder core

If you can't afford this version, there are 2 other versions that are slightly cheaper...one of them only has a 4.3" screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is wvga 'HD' ?

Have any of these companies ever produced a credible (clamshell) ds rip-off, in the same way they make fake PSPs ?

hum, no 3D no DS how is it a 3DS clone? it's not even a clamshell

Yes, it's called a DS clone.
I can find a few lame things with interchangeable screens, and a few direct copies, has anyone ever made a dual-screened clamshell with gaming controls running android, for example?

it seems to share more common point with a dingo A320...

yes, one screen not a clamshell no 3d, it just lack the nub and home button... seems nearer to me...

Dingoo A320 is already a knock-off in itself.

a knock off is a copy or counterfeit product. neither the dingoo a320 or the jxd s5100 are copies or counterfeit products... nobody would buy one thinking that they're buying say a nintendo product. it's ok to say that the jxd s5100 has borrowed some design ideas from the 3DS but for the most part it is different. half the buttons are a different shape, some are placed in different locations, the screen is a different size and ratio, the LEDs are in a different place, it has no shoulder buttons, it has real physical start and select buttons, it's not called a 3DS, it has no nintendo branding on it, it has no 3D screen... i don't know how you can say it's a knock off. and definitely not the a320, it looks like no other handheld and doesn't try to pretend to be any other handheld either.

it has no shoulder buttons

You'd think they'd eventually realize this is not okay.

I wouldn't call this a 3DS knock-off but there's no question that they're deliberately imitating it in some aspects of the design. And it goes beyond just wanting to copy a good idea, they definitely want to make people think 3DS here - or they're at least using parts designed with this intention, possibly for other handhelds, or maybe even as Nintendo handheld replacement parts.

The shape and position of the slider and d-pad, slider indentation, the little lines on the d-pad, the face button positioning/naming, and the rough positioning plus symbol of the power button are all 3DS features. The start and select buttons are more of a DS-Lite mimicry.

Back