4gb Sd Card

Miknal

What the title says really. Will the gp2x run 4gb cards, specifically the ones sold on the official site. (Sandisk)

Thats cool. So the one sold on the main site isn't compatible?

Of course the ones on the import sites are compatible.

Almost all SDs work. MMCplus doesn't work (I think). I'm getting a 150X (speed matters) 2GB one. You can't really get 4GB ones in 150X (correct me if I'm wrong). And for around $40 a 2GB card is a good value.

To be fair our 4GIG cards are branded high quality ones and at a decent price for the UK. We are looking into stocking some unbranded ones.

Blah posted on Aug 13 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
Almost all SDs work. MMCplus doesn't work (I think). I'm getting a 150X (speed matters) 2GB one. You can't really get 4GB ones in 150X (correct me if I'm wrong). And for around $40 a 2GB card is a good value.

I'm using a PQI 4GB 150X. ...yes speed definitely matters on the GP2X. Especially when emulators like GnGeo does the gfx dump and writes megs of files out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my 2 4gig A-Data cards today, and they work great.

Only people with older card readers have had problems with cards larger than 2gig.

subcon959 posted on Aug 15 2006 at 06:18 AM said:
Anyone know what the file limit is per folder? I'm guessing it won't be possible to have all 1000+ mame roms available at once.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table

268,435,437 number of files...

You could have the entire set of neo geo and MAME... space permitting of course ;)

Don't SD cards impose their own restrictions? That would be awesome if they don't but I just google'd around and read something about only allowing 128 files per folder :/

subcon959 posted on Aug 15 2006 at 05:50 PM said:
Don't SD cards impose their own restrictions? That would be awesome if they don't but I just google'd around and read something about only allowing 128 files per folder :/

Lies. This is a file system, not a camera limit...

It should meet those specs unless its formatted in something other than real FAT (never seen a fake FAT before). If that is the case you can just format it with your computer.

edit: Beaten to it.

Just got a 4GB SD card off ebay. It is an AGL brand.
The gp2x does not see it. But my Winxp PC and Canon digicam have no problem using it.

Anyone using the AGL brand 4GB SD?

Back