4gb Sd Card Problems

Viddy

Still Fresh
Im the proud new owner of a GP2X and im new to the forum, so first things first - HI TO ALL!!!

ok now to why i need help..... :blink:

I bought a 4GB SD card and the GP2X doesnt read it. My PC reads it fine but whenever its in the GP2X it acts as if theres nothing there. I have a old 128meg card which it reads fine so i know its not the machine. Ive been told by a techy mate that its eomething to do with the PC reading it through Wnidows and the GP2X using Linux. How do i config the SD card on my PC to get it to work???

Thanks to ANYONE that can give me a hand!

You should have found out that SDHC won't work on the GP2X firmware (yet) before you bought one.
However, you may want to check out this thread:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=35840

Also, the propably upcoming Open2x firmware will support SDHC cards (I think)
Anyway, welcome and enjoy your GP2X!

Last edited by a moderator:
Or it might be a 4GB SD card that simply doesn't work with the gp2x firmware. It isn't supposed to support 4GB after all. ;)

Zider said:
Or it might be a 4GB SD card that simply doesn't work with the gp2x firmware. It isn't supposed to support 4GB after all. ;)
Why not? My regular 4GB SD works perfect. I know many people that use it.

There's multiple versions of 4GB cards, and it's doubtable that all will work. You may have just found one that doesn't.

Miika said:
Zider said:
Why not? My regular 4GB SD works perfect. I know many people that use it.

Then you have one that works. His obviously doesn't.

just for general info: i just bought a Transcend 4Gb (x150) SD card and can confirm it works with the GP2X :)

cheers

Back