3 annoying bugs in UAE4ALL (amiga em.)

ahahah

(is this the right section for bug reports^^?)

these bugs are not very serious but are annoying.

1st:

In the emulator when you save a global configuration of options you have changed, this configuration loads at the same time of uae4all (which is normal) but when you mount an .adf file, the configuration is lost and the default configuration loads at the same time than the file.

there is no load button or something to load your saved configuration so you have to re-change all the options you want, each time you load a new file^^

2nd:

there is the possibility to use 4 floppies at the same time, but they only work if you set the "status in" option to "on" (you can find it in the "more options (B)" menu). if this option is "off" it is only the DF0 that works.

so if you want some space in the screen and don't want to display the "status in" so the DF1, DF2 and DF3 won't work^^

3rd:

in the customize controls (Y) menu when you want to apply some action to buttons, you can choose the action "joystick up", "joystick fire1" and "joystick fire2" but nothing else about the joystick. so no possibility to choose "joystick down", "joystick left" or "joystick right".

for example: in a race game (microprose forumla one^^) if i want to assign the (A) button to accelerate i can assign it to "joystick up" but if i want to assign the brake action to the (X) button it is impossible because the "joystick down" doesn't exist. and in a race game it is more convenient to have the direction keys separated from the accelerate/brake rather than have all these actions managed by the d-pad because it is not convenient if you want to accelerate and turn in a direction at the same time. in that case you will have to use diagonals directions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed some bugs too. I have to keep redoing my configuration settings every time a start the emulator. 

I now use one of the older versions of last year and that sorted the problem out.

(is this the right section for bug reports^^?)

these bugs are not very serious but are annoying.

1st:

In the emulator when you save a global configuration of options you have changed, this configuration loads at the same time of uae4all (which is normal) but when you mount an .adf file, the configuration is lost and the default configuration loads at the same time than the file.

there is no load button or something to load your saved configuration so you have to re-change all the options you want, each time you load a new file^^
This is the one that bugs me the most. It's infuriating and has prevented me from firing up UAE4All for a good many months now.

D.

So which version are people choosing to revert to rather than use the current one?

is there an other emulator or is it the only one for amiga?

puae.pnd also known as Amiga P-UAE

there is also 1.1.2.9 uae4all version.

Last edited:
ive just tryed puae, i prefer uae4all^^

anyway, if the developper of uae4all reads this topic, try to fix these bugs, and your emulator would be prefect lol^^

I've not encountered too many bugs, and this emulator has gotten a lot of updates over time! I'm still hoping he can get Worms DC working again....

If the original author isn't available or interested in this anymore and has made the latest pandora source available, I'll have a look at fixing the config issue at least.

D.

I still want to improve uae4all but I have not enough time to do it. In two weeks, there are some free days and the children are away, so I hope I can use this time to continue with my work on uae4all.

I still want to improve uae4all but I have not enough time to do it. In two weeks, there are some free days and the children are away, so I hope I can use this time to continue with my work on uae4all.
That`s excellent news TomB :)

Oh, excellent, I hope you get these issues fixed :)

If you can't get to it, the offer of help is there at any rate.

D.

Thanks again for all your hard work, this is still by far my favourite app for the Pandora! :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone have a problem with Super frog running from hard drive partition on uae4all.
Loads up OK but crashes randomly during game play.
If somebody could tell me what config they are using under HD conditions.
This was one of my favorite games would like to get working.

Back