Save Game

gary_ramsgate

Still Fresh
I've got a few games / emulators installed on my Pandora and all seem to be working ok except that I can't save a game or game state in any of them. Is this a problem with them being in .pnd format.

I've currently got :

UAE4ALL - Sensible soccer runs fine, but it comes up with an error message when I try to save the game. The mesage only pops up for a split second, so I don't have time to read it.

Eat the Whistle - Can't save the joystick configuration or the game.

IOquake 2 - Also can't save the game.

Any ideas ? :(

I haven't tried saves with UAE4ALL, but I can't save with IOquake 2. I think its something to do with permissions, at least in my case. The log files will tell you what the problems are...I can't remember where their kept though..

Gary_ramsgate said:
I've got a few games / emulators installed on my Pandora and all seem to be working ok except that I can't save a game or game state in any of them. Is this a problem with them being in .pnd format.

I've currently got :

UAE4ALL - Sensible soccer runs fine, but it comes up with an error message when I try to save the game. The mesage only pops up for a split second, so I don't have time to read it.

Eat the Whistle - Can't save the joystick configuration or the game.

IOquake 2 - Also can't save the game.

Any ideas ? :(

The PND format does not prevent saves, but the way the app saves or the way the PND was made could possibly not account for the right things, and saving may be broken. My suggestion would be to contact the people who made the PNDs about getting saving working.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally off topic but is that Ramsgate in Thanet, Gary? That'd mean there's at least 2 Pandoras on the Isle (or will be, when mine gets back from repair - hopefully tomorrow!)

Pleng said:
Totally off topic but is that Ramsgate in Thanet, Gary? That'd mean there's at least 2 Pandoras on the Isle (or will be, when mine gets back from repair - hopefully tomorrow!)

Yes. Where,about in Thanet R U?
Good luck, getting your Pandora back.

Gary_ramsgate said:
Pleng said:

Yes. Where,about in Thanet R U?
Good luck, getting your Pandora back.

I'm in Broadie. Hoping mine comes back today, although I haven't confirmation from OPT that it was actually shipped yesterday (just a note on Wednesday that they were hoping to ship it on Friday)

Back