2015 Was Another Fantastic year for the Pandora

Where you say 'a Sharp X68000 emulator that could be ported to the Pandora' do you perhaps mean it could be ported to the Pyra, because it already seems to be on the Pandora.

Good article though. With all the excitement of the Pyra, it's sometimes easy to dismiss the exciting stuff that's still happening Pandora-wards

No mention of Both Diablo and Diablo II? Major updates to Hase?

I also think the work Hooka has done with Ginge and reviving interest in GP2X software is worth mentioning.

Where to start? Digging through the relevant threads, I think the most important changes this year to me were:
- I switched from my dirty chat-php-hack to a real IRC chat! Furthermore you can chat already in the lobby and ingame! The idea is to find some opportunity to play hase more easy. You can watch for players even if you are not ingame online, but with any other IRC client. Just join #hase on the freenode. You can even keep you talks within hase this way. :D
- The sprites are not choosen randomly anymore, but you can choose your favourite one! Furthermore you get a notice, whether this sprite is already used. ;)
- I added more weapons
- Infinite level mode, which means if you reach the border, you will come out on the other side of the level.

We also helped Ziz debug the code quite heavily, and the game should be a lot more stable now. The movement model was also completely rewritten this year, so you might find it more or less playable depending on what your issues were last time.

What are the major updates about ? I have not played Hase for a while - it had major playability issues.
Maybe it is a bad idea to read only the most recent update message in the repository once a month instead of any board thread?
Not the best method for a site, which claims for itself to tell "All That's Worth Telling About the Open Pandora Handheld". ;)

To be fair to Eki, even though I generally played most builds of Hase you released, I couldn't remember everything you'd done this year, and finding that list of things I posted there meant trawling through a number of threads. It's basically fine for everyone else, but if you're trying to write up an article like this, it's probably fair to say the changelogs could have been a bit easier to find and collate.

Maybe it is a bad idea to read only the most recent update message in the repository once a month instead of any board thread?
Not the best method for a site, which claims for itself to tell "All That's Worth Telling About the Open Pandora Handheld". ;)

Well my time is now limited, as I mentioned before in a different thread, and nobody came up and proposed to help. So you get what I can do with the time I can secure. :)

Back