1gig unit crack.

C

CocoCreekFisherman

I developed a crack that eventually chipped away right between the 2 sd card slots. No trauma whatsoever was placed upon the unit and I am the sole user.

Not complaining at all mind you . I was able to fix it but I was curious if anyone else has had a unexpected crack or chip in their 1 gig unit?...I thought this was the end of this nuisance since the color change but apparently not??

Am I bequeathed the honor of being the first?

Oh yes my fix was a quick fix so to speak....some velcro tape placed over the area ..covering the developed hole and not interfering with the sd card slots. Now I will strictly either download mass storage or via wifi as to not upset the area any further. Prior I did take out cards to download on occasion.

Last edited:
That is a Bizarre place for cracking, I don't recall hearing anyone even with the old black cases developing cracks there..  It's not in a likely pressure area either..

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a Bizarre place for cracking, I don't recall hearing anyone even with the old black cases developing cracks there..  It's not in a likely pressure area either..
So I am the first.  HOOYA!!

Last edited:
picture provided..

Photo on 2013-06-26 at 09.18.jpg

I did not want to remove the velcro tape off but the area chipped is about 3/4>1/2 the size than the tape length and width.

Again it just began as a loose crack and the piece fell of in 2 bits and instead of repairing with clue I chose the tape.

Here is another picture of one of the pieces.

and the 'repair'

TAPE OFF... is 3rd picture..she looks a bit slutty yes?? :blink:   :p

Photo on 2013-06-26 at 09.24 #2.jpg

Photo on 2013-06-26 at 09.27.jpg

Photo on 2013-06-26 at 09.31.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm to fix that the whole upper part of the case will need to be replaced, involving the hinges and all.. I don't think it will have any functional issues though if you choose not to have it fixed.. just bizarre how it broke..

I've seen a Platinum unit crack between the nubs.
Wow... that must of taken a lot of downward pressure to do that..

Hmm to fix that the whole upper part of the case will need to be replaced, involving the hinges and all.. I don't think it will have any functional issues though if you choose not to have it fixed.. just bizarre how it broke..

I've seen a Platinum unit crack between the nubs. 
Wow... that must of taken a lot of downward pressure to do that..
The funny thing is...I am very gentle with the unit.  and I wasn't listening to David Bowie & Queen either. :p

Last edited:
Yeah my one gig unit developed a crack on the top of the lid. It gradually expanded over time. 2 days ago a v shaped piece of plastic just fell out as i took it from the carry case.

The cases may be better than before but some still clearly develope cracks.

not to worry I knew what to expect with the pandy. My 1 gig pandy is due a visit to ed some day anyhow for a sprucing up and fixing  of my touchscreen.

Im reminded suddenly of a dream i had last night, in which some guys were playing with a bright yellow pandora in a cafe. the yellow was surprisingly nice and i wanted one.

Bright orange would be nice too i thought to myself... Silly dream or prescient dream?

Maybe ed can answer that one... :eek: :D

I actually got a crack in a weirder place, the black plastic around the bottom of the right nub cracked off a small triangle.

Thankfully it doesn't interfere with movement though the nub will sometimes get stuck in the empty space

The bold text is a forum glitch i think as everyone has bold text. I didn't select bold.

Bold, Bold, Naughty foum...

My thoughts on the crack between the nubs would be from applying the pressure needed to get the case to seat properly between them. 

Really hoping they incorporate hemp into the next cases for whatever it's gonna be called.  Stronger than carbon fiber.

My thoughts on the crack between the nubs would be from applying the pressure needed to get the case to seat properly between them. 

Really hoping they incorporate hemp into the next cases for whatever it's gonna be called.  Stronger than carbon fiber.
^ good to see you  :)

Although I'm not opposed to the use of hemp in manufacturing and industry, it isn't even remotely in the same league as properly done carbon fiber.

That said, good carbon fiber is way way overkill for a computer case.  Bad carbon fiber could be worse than properly done hemp - and carbon fiber is very difficult to work with.

Testing:

Normal
Bold
Italic
Underline
Bold underline
Bold italic
Underline italic
Bold underlined italic

Edit: that seems to work :)

Edit2: Whoops, no it doesn't!

Fixed it.. Link's Twitter Tags seem to have broken it.

Changed it to a normal url bbcode and it cleared it up.

i have a cracked battery cover on my 1GHz it's lost one of the three "teeth" it uses to hold the battery in place, currently i have this duck-taped shut and it seems to do the trick (otherwise the battery isnt held in place), i'm wondering how to get another cover though.

RE: bold characters theres only one that really matters -

kane_time.jpg

Back