16days Entries Discussion

Mark posted on Oct 29 2004 at 02:19 PM said:
feddon posted on Oct 29 2004 at 02:59 PM said:
Im gonaa try to make a char for Smash gp too somtime .

You'll have to wait until the new release (very soon) as there's a bug that stops it working properly yet.

the exe dosnt even start up for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
DAMN! I want to play GPMAX, but i can´t! I tried several launchers (YAFL, YANL, SLUBMANS COMANDER, PACROM, EUROFW), several transfer methods (PC-LINK, PHODRIVE, GPDRIVE, SMC-READER), and different firmwares (Aquas 4.8, Aquas 5.01, Mr.spivs 0.2, Original BLU FW, EUROFW Beta) ALL (!!!!!) return the same result: The GP32 resets or freezes.

EDIT: wasn´t there a similar problem once with GPQuake? Perhaps it has to do with the size of the SMC´s.
@those who got it to run: what size is your SMC?

Horscht posted on Oct 29 2004 at 05:57 PM said:
DAMN! I want to play GPMAX, but i can´t! I tried several launchers (YAFL, YANL, SLUBMANS COMANDER, PACROM, EUROFW), several transfer methods (PC-LINK, PHODRIVE, GPDRIVE, SMC-READER), and different firmwares (Aquas 4.8, Aquas 5.01, Mr.spivs 0.2, Original BLU FW, EUROFW Beta) ALL (!!!!!) return the same result: The GP32 resets or freezes.

EDIT: wasn´t there a similar problem once with GPQuake? Perhaps it has to do with the size of the SMC´s.
@those who got it to run: what size is your SMC?

128mb here, gpmax ran on slubman fw with phodrive

nazca posted on Oct 29 2004 at 11:11 AM said:
Btw, i wonder if anyone saw this area in nazcadreams, i think they stop playing before or they just don't start to play it. The worst feedback i could imagine :D :D :D

ndreams.jpg

Yup I saw that bit - nice game - spent far too long playing it already!!

Love the Flying bit to the left of the green waterfall (out of town?)....

Its obvious you've put a lot of work into this, well done!

Argon0

Yeh on Nazcadreams that bit where you fly above the town is there somewhere to reach or is it just to collect the star?

I have tried Masterlator and it was decent. The menus are some of the coolest ever. Unfortunately when it comes down to it though it is the emulation that counts. Here compatibility is good but the lack of options such as scaling (a MUST with the postage stamp sized GameGear stuff), the distracting yellow border (this should be user skinnable in future releases), and the graphic glitch on the left side of the screen are keeping it from replacing fSMS on my SMC. If these issues were fixed it would be great.

I have tried the CPC emu for a while. I fiddled with the commands but couldn't get a game to load, lots of "syntax errors" and such, it was late and I gave up. I will try again later. I am not familiar with the CPC and it's commands though so it was my fault. A pre defined menu selected command set or having it so you could just select a DSK image and have it autoload and run like in Frodo would go along way. It would also save time poking at the little keyboard and make it easier to load stuff for us CPC n00bz. Looks real polished still for a first release, I will be keeping my eye on this one.

Used GPdrive with BLU's euro firmware on GpMax, and it didn't work. Then I replaced my batteries and it did. Used 128mb SMC.

(Official Euro firmware, not multi firmware.)

Nazca dreams :

Whats the deal with this game? lol

nice graphics. I spent about 20 mins doing the nightime flight thing. Can you actually finish it?

The part with the trees is hard. I keep falling off at the last branch.

argon0 posted on Oct 29 2004 at 07:21 PM said:
What's the game shown in the Pituka screen shot?

The Game its:
La Abadia del Crimen, a spanish game, good game for practice your spanish (dont have much sentences in my language ;) )

An english review of this game:
http://www.cpcgamereviews.com/a/index.html

DaveC, pls read the README.TXT more slowly and you CPC dont have any more problem, u know? :)

Cu :D

D_Skywalk posted on Oct 29 2004 at 09:50 PM said:
argon0 posted on Oct 29 2004 at 07:21 PM said:
What's the game shown in the Pituka screen shot?

The Game its:
La Abadia del Crimen, a spanish game, good game for practice your spanish (dont have much sentences in my language ;) )

An english review of this game:
http://www.cpcgamereviews.com/a/index.html

DaveC, pls read the README.TXT more slowly and you CPC dont have any more problem, u know? :)

Cu :D

very good site...

its a very interesting read, as i wasnt arouind in the times of this consolse, so im reading the reviews of each game.

se y'all in a few days....

skeezix posted on Oct 30 2004 at 02:44 AM said:
okay, okay, okay..

Toby the Drummer frickin' rocks my world.

jeff

Yeah, indeed. It's always taking me hours to get away from it. It needs fixing with the menus and the tracker though, keys are bouncing and the sequencer ain't too intuitive, but it's still a kickass app!

Back