155 Mhz in SNES EMU???

Hokutoy

I always play GPENGINE with clock speed set at 155 MHZ without any problems... then i think... Can anyone modificate any of the current SNES emus to overclock cpu speed to 155 MHZ???
Are the sourcecode of any of these emulators released?

THANKS.

PD: With GPENGINE set to 166MHZ my GP32 resets after 2 secs... Anyone can play in this conditions?

It shouldn't be nessecary in the long term...a well optimized snes emu could run full speed with sound, minus FX and C4 support of course...

Hokutoy posted on Mar 4 2003 said:
PD: With GPENGINE set to 166MHZ my GP32 resets after 2 secs... Anyone can play in this conditions?
It depends on your individual gp32 if you can overclock to 166MHz - mine runs fine at 166 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hokutoy posted on Mar 4 2003 said:
It's alright for me, I just tried it. Have you checked your batteries lately? Once I got the same problem with the Super Plusha demo, but as soon as I changed them - perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume its possible... no reason it shouldn't be. But it would make it unusable for some users, so optimisation is a somewhat better option overall... As well as using up batteries even faster than it does already.

battery consumption is a small problem compared to the 2 or so hours you'd get on lynx's or game gear's for 6 AA's, or the...what was it, 10? hours you'd get on a gameboy pocket for 2 AAA's. Both were just as expensive. Ok, maybe not, but close. Either way, I would rather not overclock my GP32, because I hate it when consoles die. Stupid nes. Stupid snes. Stupid psx. Stupid dual bios dreamcast :(

Back