100 years of IBM

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
Computing of today owes a lot to IBM. Here are some images to commemorate 100 years of IBM and it's momentous achievement.

IBM_footer_animated.gif

xlarge_ibm.jpg
560041-ibm-australia.jpg
xlarge_ibmpc.jpg
xlarge_gekko.jpg
xlarge_xenon.jpg
xlarge_broadway.jpg
xlarge_cell.jpg
xlarge_wiiubanner_03.jpg
ibm-computer.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5812854/happy-100th-birthday-ibm/gallery/1

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/australian-it/big-blue-ibm-celebrates-its-100th-birthday/story-e6frgakx-1226076592604

Now tell us some of your experiences with IBM computers?

Last edited by a moderator:
None whatsoever.

AAArrrggghhhhh, the picture the pictures, do you need to post so many pictures to get your point/question across, pain :(

well i'm certainly not a cool person, so +1 to a quote pyramid

I beg to differ, but I'm certainly in no position to argue with you as you'd know yourself best.

wait...you just called me cool???

i'm...uhm...flattered i guess XD i'm a guy that brews mead, spends too much money on computers, and am a complete grumpy git :)

I beg to differ, but I'm certainly in no position to argue with you as you'd know yourself best.

i'm...uhm...flattered i guess XD i'm a guy that brews mead, spends too much money on computers, and am a complete grumpy git :)

Well, at the very least you're not uncool. ;)

I enjoy your posts anyway.

Random thought: Why didn't the Egyptians build pyramids this way? It seems much easier than lugging all those stones around.

Sorry for derailing this thread, SONY. I'll stop now. :p

Well, at the very least you're not uncool. ;)

I enjoy your posts anyway.

Random thought: Why didn't the Egyptians build pyramids this way? It seems much easier than lugging all those stones around.

Sorry for derailing this thread, SONY. I'll stop now. :p

XD fairy snuff

i don't know, maybe it's because this is building the pyramid top down, though if they just had the edge of the layer shaped like a doorstop and pushed hard enough they could lift the rest of the thing up, then hollow the insides out afterwards if needed. Would've saved a lot of effort building huge ramps up the sides as they went

my first laptop was an IBM Thinkpad 390X (built 1999). I overclocked it, and expanded the RAM to the maximum supported to keep running the latest ubuntu distro.

It was a sad day when the hinge gave away. I kept using it with a vga monitor as a bedside computer, but after a good while they keyboard broke as well. It was 11 years old, best laptop ever.

RIP.

I recycled it a while ago, hopefully to become one of those fancy lenovo thinkpads someday.

0000006989_1.jpg

Do you know something you are NOT funny and you can ALL go and FUCK yourselves, grow up for fuck sake

because it all you people who are KILLING these forums, hope you all feel good about that.

This forum has become an attention seekers sony fanboy forum, shame but that is how it is being perceived

in other forums.

The madman (SONY the complete arsehole has won), hope you all learn from this, he is an attention wanker, now

please ban me so I do not have to come here anymore and look at his childish mundane diatribe posts :)

Scared to say it how it is, well I am not, ,,|,,

Do you know something you are NOT funny and you can ALL go and FUCK yourselves, grow up for fuck sake

because it all you people who are KILLING these forums, hope you all feel good about that.

This forum has become an attention seekers sony fanboy forum, shame but that is how it is being perceived

in other forums.

The madman (SONY the complete arsehole has won), hope you all learn from this, he is an attention wanker, now

please ban me so I do not have to come here anymore and look at his childish mundane diatribe posts :)

Scared to say it how it is, well I am not, ,,|,,
Please be aware that your shouting and swearing at other members isn't going to make things look any better in the eyes of the other forums that you mention. You may not be scared to "say how it is" (although I have noticed in other threads that you often edit out such posts later on), but if you could please use civil language to do so, that would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I'm not going to ban you as I don't believe that that's necessary. After all, if you don't wish to visit, I suspect that it's quite easy not to type in the URL, or not to click your bookmark to the forum.

If you don't want to see SONY's posts but do wish to continue reading the forum without them in your view, you can add him to your ignore list. This can be done by clicking your username in the top-right corner of any page on the forum, and then clicking "Manage Ignored Users" in the menu that will drop down; There you'll find a box into which you can type the username of the user you wish to add to the list, along with two checkboxes - one which will allow you to ignore posts by that user, and another which will allow you to ignore PMs from them. Obviously, this only works when logged in - to my knowledge there isn't a "Guest Ignore List" function that can be set on your machine.

Ah IBM, I remember going to Software ETC to by computer games and the choices were mainly Apple, Commodore and IBM. Damn, I'm old!

Anyone ever read about their alleged dealings with the Nazi regime? http://news.cnet.com/Probing-IBMs-Nazi-connection/2009-1082_3-269157.html

Most likely just people trying to get some free money out of them but an interesting topic nonetheless.

I had a PC running OS/2 Warp back in the day... now thats showing my age! LOL

I was just a kid when OS/2 came out and lacked the money and the technical skill I have today to explain to my parents why it would have been a good thing, so DOS it was for a few more years.

Back