1 Or 2 Usb Ports?

Not to mention that a *powered* USB hub would be the best bet for connecting multiple components while docked at a desk. Plus it would keep the Pandora charged.

One cord is all you would need to attach.

-Suntan

Tom` said:
mindlord said:
No kidding?
The mini usb port is a host port as well?
No fooling?
Ahhh yeah!
I have ton of mini usb cables laying around from thousands of devices doing nothing.
It will be nice to put them to some use.
correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe OTG is unpowered, so if you want USB host from that port you have to make a cable as described here.

If the calculators have the same OTG bus as the :pandora1:, then it supplies 500mA. It might run down the battery to use that much consistently... Oh well, 500mA is plenty for anything you'd want to carry around with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah well, If you want to carry around a vacuum everywhere, I think you have bigger problems than USB power specifications. :p

Seriously, this is a POCKET sized device. While I might want say, a laptop, to be able to power anything I throw at it, I'm not sure I need my handheld computer to do the same. I plan on enjoying all ten of those battery life hours.

Get one of these for your vacuum instead. Plus, then your Pandora would last you a flight around the world.

Boxwave

-Suntan

^ You mean a charger that plugs into the wall instead of one that uses batteries? As mentioned earlier, a powered USB hub would work as a charger.

As for portable USB hubs, this one looks like it would be small enough to carry around, but the ports aren't crammed together:
USB Squid from ThinkGeek

Depending on what you need it for. There are cheap DC/AC converters that'll take a 12 volt battery pack (8 AA batteries) and convert to 110 volt, but you're only looking at about 24 watt hours with good batteries. You could use that to charge your NDS about a half dozen times, or power your laptop for maybe 10 minutes. Or run the vacuum a couple times across your carpet.

that's disappointing...oh well...i guess i'll have to make do with that usb thing if i want on the go power. there are worse things in life.

Back