1 month after, real impressions

It's posts like this that restore my hope that it will be worth the wait.

The Pandora is clearly getting better with age, and the ongoing firmware development ( thanks to all the guys involved in that, by the way, you're 20 kinds of awesome ) is really shaping things up.

Good to read the controls are awesome, they are the reason i want a Pandora. I do have a PSP but i hate it because of the shitty controls. And i am very bad at hardware modding so if i would try to replace the sony dpad (worst dpad in gaming history) with a good one i would most probably destroy the whole device.

I am very excited to try them out myself. I used a lot of different controlers allready and know exactly what is good and what is not. My current favorite is the Sega Saturn controller.

My only problem now is the lcd cable, but it's an old one. Almost time for rma. Yep, but I will live with it, knowing that when it'll comes back, it'll be better.

Two things that drives me crazy in OP are: unresponsive touchscreen and really phuk'd nubs [i need them to restart to default everytime starting OP]

For controls I only have 1 complaint right now, the Dpad and ABXY buttons need to move in 1-2 CM, it is a little awkward hitting left or B right now. IT requires your fingers to go parallel with the side of the device and it makes it uncomfortable to press those keys. When I place my hands on the Pandora's Dpad and ABCY buttons my thumb always naturally lands on Right and A.

The Nubs are in the perfect place though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back