ZX Vega +

What is puzzling for me is that Janko Mrsic-Flogel is also one of the Gemini Directors... and that one seems to have worked out...?
Why is that puzzling? He was obviously too busy with the Gemini to care about his previous project.

He was involved in Gemini when he was asked to come aboard (as Planet Computers) on the Vega+ to write the firmware. There is a HUGE laundry list of bugs and issues that his company have failed to address (See attachment).

And they have yet to release source code for their implementation of FUSE, to boot.

And to any who might be hoping - those units sent out were almost certainly prototypes. We knew they had 10 built, and lo and behold 10 are now in circulation. There will be no more, I suspect, as these 10 prototypes were used to convince SRL that they were fulfilling orders, helping them avoid being booted out at the shareholders' meeting.

Attachments

• Vega+ - Task Report - 08 November 2017.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 320
Also appears that the firmware is quite old - some backers don't have their names in the "Roll of honour" but do on the website, indicating that they're using an old firmware. Which further indicates that none of these bugs have been fixed.

He was involved in Gemini when he was asked to come aboard (as Planet Computers) on the Vega+ to write the firmware. There is a HUGE laundry list of bugs and issues that his company have failed to address (See attachment).

So.. he stopped working on the Gemini (and is just listed there) and fucked up the Vega+ firmware?
Or what's he doing?

And they have yet to release source code for their implementation of FUSE, to boot.

And to any who might be hoping - those units sent out were almost certainly prototypes. We knew they had 10 built, and lo and behold 10 are now in circulation. There will be no more, I suspect, as these 10 prototypes were used to convince SRL that they were fulfilling orders, helping them avoid being booted out at the shareholders' meeting.

Indications are that they sent out at least 200. More than 35 people have now posted about getting a Vega+. And as experience would tell you, only a small percentage post online about receiving perks. The serial numbers that people have posted have also indicated they made 200 , which is what they said they made in the first batch stepping towards making 400.

Last edited:
Indications are that they sent out at least 200. More than 35 people have now posted about getting a Vega+. And as experience would tell you, only a small percentage post online about receiving perks. The serial numbers that people have posted have also indicated they made 200 , which is what they said they made in the first batch stepping towards making 400.
No. 400? Wet dreams.
Some of exCEOs explained algorithm of serial numbers; it doesn't mean nothing, literary. Beside, CE certificate (next to the serial number) is a fake: device is not registered. Oh, speaking of certificates: Levy & Martin didn't get PEGI rating (Pan European Game Information) afaik. Beside, they lost licence from SKY, for using "ZX Spectrum" and "Sinclair" trademarks (Alan Sugar from Amstrad, remember that guy?).
Somehow they managed to knock together different parts of testing production; e.g. SD card slots came from original Vega; displays are acquired from two (or more?) different suppliers; etc.
Leaked from SMS:
"As for the 2000 I suggest we do not build any until you start to try and sell them, we have a quantity of built up units here which would satisfy any immediate orders."
Somehow they persuaded SMS to convey those units; SMS did it probably because they thought it is the only way to start "real production" > to get £224,780.22 RCL owed them.
I bet it is up to 200 units (de facto prototypes), nothing more.
what they said they made in the first batch stepping towards making 400.
400 is interesting number, just one zero is missing to promised 4000. xD Excellent similarity for L&M email scam plays ("We already produced 4000 in first batch, but..." "sorry typo").
But there is no way to produce more then they already did > update from SKY:
After Levy said (about BBC article):
Mr Kelion claimed that "the decision was made" by Sky, in "May of this year". This statement is completely untrue. In fact in May of this year Sky awarded RCL a new contract with a one year extension. :D
SKY made a new statement (update at same BBC article):
Update: 2 August 2018

RCL has disputed some of the details of this report saying that it was "completely untrue" that Sky had decided in May to terminate its licence.

In light of this, Sky has provided a further statement.

"In a statement provided to the BBC, we confirmed our decision - made in February - to terminate the licence as of 8 May 2018. To allow as many fans as possible to receive the console, we provided an additional 90 days grace period, which runs until 7 August 2018. This decision has also been communicated directly to David Levy of RCL.

"Sky did not receive royalties for the use of the brand - any royalties due were payable to charity - and allowed its use in good faith. Due to the consistently substandard build quality of the units tested, and the continued failure of RCL to deliver on its promises, we have unfortunately been forced to withdraw the licence."

The BBC understands there were discussions in June to issue a fresh licence, but RCL failed to satisfy Sky's requirements.

Last edited:
CE doesn't need any registration. It's a self-signed certification.
You only need to include a declaration of conformity.
The device itself is nowhere registered.

CE doesn't need any registration. It's a self-signed certification.
You only need to include a declaration of conformity.
The device itself is nowhere registered.
ED, that's all from above what you find interesting to comment?
Pathetic.

YES, you're right - literally speaking, but everybody should know what that means. Testing of hardware is not made, not according to EU ("the essential requirements that products have to fulfil").
https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/product/ce-mark/index_en.htm

e.g. faulty batteries / charging problems is just a top example of technical problems with this "product". Self-written declaration can't band the law.
Beside, I'm just providing what is already known.
e.g.
"Vegawatch – My God, did RCL ACTUALLY release a couple of Vega Plus’s.." By THATRETROVIDEOGAMER
https://thatretrovideogamer.com/201...-rcl-actually-release-a-couple-of-vega-pluss/
Serial number indicates manufacture on 30th May 2018. CE Mark isn’t registered but believed to be self appointed

I don't know how you can even say it hasn't been registered. I mean :

1) they could self certify without registering anywhere.

2) If they got a third party to certify it, there are many agencies that do ceritification and from my understanding they don't register everything they have cerified in some central system. Meaning you'd have to call the specific agency that they claim tested it, to check if they had in fact done it.

Pathetic.

YES, you're right - literally speaking, but everybody should know what that means. Testing of hardware is not made, not according to EU ("the essential requirements that products have to fulfil").

e.g. faulty batteries / charging problems is just a top example of technical problems with this "product". Self-written declaration can't band the law.
e.g.
"Vegawatch – My God, did RCL ACTUALLY release a couple of Vega Plus’s.." By THATRETROVIDEOGAMER
https://thatretrovideogamer.com/201...-rcl-actually-release-a-couple-of-vega-pluss/

Shut your trap!

Pathetic.

e.g.

Please just shut up,

Last edited:
Pathetic.

Well, I didn't have time to read the full post, but I could give a reply to that one ;)

Also, since when are users forced to comment on everything?
I always thought you are free to comment on what you like and don't comment if you don't want to say something about that :)

Back