Zot/gp Screenshot


skeezix

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
8,064
Website
www.codejedi.com
triksR4rabits posted on Apr 23 2004 at 09:49 AM said:
Your the man Skeezix :D Some very good things will come of this...
I hope so :)

So far theres not been a lot of action, but one of our great friends is working on a Chips Challenge clone, and another is working on a good old run-and-shoot. I'm worried that even with somethign like Zot, people are afraid (or too lazy, understandably in this busy life) to get into it.. they want a compete game, where they can scribble on the art, or fiddle with the rules, and call it a mod.. but hopefully with somethign easy as Zot, people will be interested and jump in. I've just not seen much yet.

But hopefully once the handheld side comes out, people will get all goofy excited over it...

jeff
 
Last edited by a moderator:

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
29,546
Age
43
Location
Ingolstadt
Umm... is there a developer forum for this already?
I'd like to try it out as soon as I have the time :)
 

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
Joined
Feb 25, 2003
Messages
838
hey sheezix... do you think that a GTA clone would be possible with this?

i have been kicking the idea around in my head of how i would make one "work" on gp32...i have some good ideas...but if this would take away the effort and learning curve of C then sign me uo ;) i'm already good with basic...

i'll downlaod the pc ver and play with it asap :D
 

DaveC

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
9,208
skeezix posted on Apr 23 2004 at 04:05 PM said:
triksR4rabits posted on Apr 23 2004 at 09:49 AM said:
Your the man Skeezix :D Some very good things will come of this...
I hope so :)

So far theres not been a lot of action, but one of our great friends is working on a Chips Challenge clone, and another is working on a good old run-and-shoot. I'm worried that even with somethign like Zot, people are afraid (or too lazy, understandably in this busy life) to get into it.. they want a compete game, where they can scribble on the art, or fiddle with the rules, and call it a mod.. but hopefully with somethign easy as Zot, people will be interested and jump in. I've just not seen much yet.

But hopefully once the handheld side comes out, people will get all goofy excited over it...

jeff
MMMMMM Chips Challenge. If only I could code, Looks cool though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfsclaw

can't be longer than 2 months right?
Joined
Oct 20, 2003
Messages
1,747
Age
30
Location
Germany/France
Website
Visit site
EvilDragon posted on Apr 23 2004 at 05:09 PM said:
Umm... is there a developer forum for this already?
I'd like to try it out as soon as I have the time :)
theres a mailing list which sends you about 50 emails per day ;)
hehe
 
Last edited by a moderator:

skeezix

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
8,064
Website
www.codejedi.com
nerd of nerds posted on Apr 23 2004 at 01:23 PM said:
hey sheezix... do you think that a GTA clone would be possible with this?

i have been kicking the idea around in my head of how i would make one "work" on gp32...i have some good ideas...but if this would take away the effort and learning curve of C then sign me uo ;) i'm already good with basic...

i'll downlaod the pc ver and play with it asap :D
Grand Theft Auto? (first instinct, "you're shittin' me!")

You'd have to define it .. you coudl draw buildings, put them down, and have a car drive around, sure. I never played GTA1 and only saw GTA2 for 10 mins once, so I don't recall..

Zot is by no means "complete" -- ie: You can put tiles (static or basic animated ones) down, and put sprites on top of them (with transparency effects and such), and the player can move with either velocity or gravirty or free movement.. so you can do a lot.. but you'd have to define what you wanted to do for me to give more anser; chances are I'd have to do some work to add in some stuff yuou needed, but you coudl give it a start. (ie: I don't add things no one needs or isn't using.. I've no time to be thrown away uselessly :)

jeff

To my man Evil Dragon, yeah theres a zot-maker mailing list you can sign up to :)

Just see the website, http://www.codejedi.com/zot
 
Last edited by a moderator:

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
Joined
Feb 25, 2003
Messages
838
skeezix posted on Apr 23 2004 at 12:06 PM said:
nerd of nerds posted on Apr 23 2004 at 01:23 PM said:
hey sheezix... do you think that a GTA clone would be possible with this?

i have been kicking the idea around in my head of how i would make one "work" on gp32...i have some good ideas...but if this would take away the effort and learning curve of C then sign me uo ;) i'm already good with basic...

i'll downlaod the pc ver and play with it asap :D
Grand Theft Auto? (first instinct, "you're shittin' me!")

You'd have to define it .. you coudl draw buildings, put them down, and have a car drive around, sure. I never played GTA1 and only saw GTA2 for 10 mins once, so I don't recall..

Zot is by no means "complete" -- ie: You can put tiles (static or basic animated ones) down, and put sprites on top of them (with transparency effects and such), and the player can move with either velocity or gravirty or free movement.. so you can do a lot.. but you'd have to define what you wanted to do for me to give more anser; chances are I'd have to do some work to add in some stuff yuou needed, but you coudl give it a start. (ie: I don't add things no one needs or isn't using.. I've no time to be thrown away uselessly :)

jeff

To my man Evil Dragon, yeah theres a zot-maker mailing list you can sign up to :)

Just see the website, http://www.codejedi.com/zot
ummmm...hmmm...maybe i should just play around with zot for a while and figure it out myself..BUT, basically a game where you could buy weapons, kill people (all people ;) ) steal stuff...a crime game...

and the 3d SHOULDN'T be a prob...just do the ground (streets, sidewalks, etc...) as the bottone layer, then have the sprites (cars, people, items, explosions, etc) as the layer above that, then have the tops of buildings be above that layer...and if you went into a building its roof would dissapear, and show you inside walking around and such...

its just a thought..an ieda..me thinking outloud...

PS: Sheezix, i think that they made gta 1 for pc free...but it is a hefty dl i hear..300mb sumthin..if you wanted to see what i was talking about then that would prolly be your best bet...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top