Bombz First Tickler Preview

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
This is the first screenshot I took of my latest work in progress..

(It is sized for PDAs (PocketPC, PalmOS, Zodiac), but the GP32 version looks the same, just smaller; the level in this case looks the same since it fits on GP32, though larger levels will scroll on GP32 and other devices of course)

http://www.codejedi.com/bombz/screenshots/bombz1.png

(Yes, I ripped the artwork; I'll be getting new artwork drawn up :)

jeff

skeezix posted on Sep 29 2004 at 02:56 AM said:
This is the first screenshot I took of my latest work in progress..

(It is sized for PDAs (PocketPC, PalmOS, Zodiac), but the GP32 version looks the same, just smaller; the level in this case looks the same since it fits on GP32, though larger levels will scroll on GP32 and other devices of course)

http://www.codejedi.com/bombz/screenshots/bombz1.png

(Yes, I ripped the artwork; I'll be getting new artwork drawn up :)

jeff

Looks awesome :) Cool Bomberman clone, don't know how you find the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice :)

Is this one of your Zot projects, or something completely different? Looks good regardless - I'll look forward to it :D

I never both with multiplayer .. never seen another GP32 than my own :)

It is using the zot engine (not zotrscript or the other stuff per se). Zot is a cross platform rudimentary SDK and engine afterall, so I might as well leverage it :) ie: I've already written in Zot much of the goodies.. animation handler, AI modules, etc.

jeff

We all ripped it fro the same place I guess eh? :)

I've got a NGPC .. I should solder an eprom to a cart and see if your rom works :)

You've got a bunch of artwork there; I think I'll adopt it for a little while until I get my own finished up. Thanks! :)

jeff

edit: Actually, some of the art I grabbed from somewhere.. is identical to yours. Did you rip it, or modify it? Perhaps yours is floating all over the place now, if its original :)

yeah prolly not so important with rflink tho, cause i am the only one i know with a gp32 too. hehe :)

as for the artwork, i think thats the "original" bomberman, cause its like that on sega megadrive too.

Multiplayer is a big maybe; ie: I don't know too many folks with BT enabled devices, though I've got a few. Multiplayer testing with yourself isn't very good :)

What sort of mulotiplayer is good for a bomberman game? Hotseat woudl be trivial; a multiplayer on screen wouldn't be too bad either.. I suppose that'd be fun if they could blow each other up :)

Hmm..

jeff

skeezix posted on Sep 29 2004 at 06:46 PM said:
You know, I do run a play-by-email tetris game that I wrote, right? ;)

jeff

WTF?! reall? where can I get it? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back