Gamepark 32 And Zodiac

RoboJoe32 posted on Jul 19 2004 at 09:20 AM said:
GP32 has a good SNES emu with lots of potential (I wish it could go open source and people could pick up on it :( )
opensnes is open source

Last edited by a moderator:
~ I think the Zodiac looks cool, and I am known for my choice of style over the better thing. If there was something that would last 2 hours but look cool, I would go for it. Like... stylish delicate shoes instead of clumpy boots.

~ The Zodiac looks more powerful than GP32, but if it can't do what I want it to do, I will throw it away.

~ The GP32 looks customisable, but still, it is CLUMPY!!

~ I am looking forward to checking out the SCUMM thing, but please tell me, how do I actually use it?

~ I am wanting to use the Zodiac for pure gaming, not mp3 or movie. I can't even know how to get a movie working on my GP32.

~ The DS looks way better than boring on PSP, because I want to play zelda and super mario on the move. I think I will buy PSP and DS, so I can play all games.

~ I should save up, you are correct, then in a few years time when the prices have gone down, I can get it!!
Thank you.

I ordered a Zodiac a few weeks ago (still hasn't arrived) and the reason? Because I already have a gp32_console ! Simple. I have to say I am looking forward to playing with it just like I did with the GamePark.

Besides, it's processor speed is only what? 44 MHZ more?

Not too good at maths then? 200-166 = 34.

carlgeorge posted on Jul 19 2004 at 10:14 PM said:
I ordered a Zodiac a few weeks ago (still hasn't arrived) and the reason? Because I already have a gp32_console ! Simple. I have to say I am looking forward to playing with it just like I did with the GamePark.

Besides, it's processor speed is only what? 44 MHZ more?

Not too good at maths then? 200-166 = 34.
Ahhhh, But his GP32 might only overclock to 156. ;)

Trooper

I didn't personally like the fact that Tapwave wont return the money I gave them for the card even though it was flawed. I bought it from them but they wont return it.

Get Gp32 not Zodiac in my opinion. If you want a PDA get a PPC. Its much better then a Zodiac and people dont complain as much.

Have you ever tried to play games on a PPC? The screen is fine, but the control are normally hideous, being either an unresponsive cursor button, or having to touch/stroke the screen with the stylus. That's what make the Zodiac a refreshing change.

Hmm. The Zodiac is very UNIMPRESSIVE. The GP32 was released 3 years ago but its clock speed can still equal the latest and greatest Zodiac which at press time is more expesive than the GP32 ever was (as far as I know). Sure it has a 3D card, but you have to do all the signing and battery crap. I don't think you should get a Zodiac Sadako, it would just make things even more complicating. And the issue of Broken Sword not being able to work on the GP32 was because of the resolution and size (the Zodiac would fix only one of those), the Zodiac still wouldn't be a high enough resolution. If you want broken sword, play it on an emulator.

Enslaved posted on Jul 21 2004 at 04:30 PM said:
Hmm. The Zodiac is very UNIMPRESSIVE. The GP32 was released 3 years ago but its clock speed can still equal the latest and greatest Zodiac which at press time is more expesive than the GP32 ever was (as far as I know). Sure it has a 3D card, but you have to do all the signing and battery crap. I don't think you should get a Zodiac Sadako, it would just make things even more complicating. And the issue of Broken Sword not being able to work on the GP32 was because of the resolution and size (the Zodiac would fix only one of those), the Zodiac still wouldn't be a high enough resolution. If you want broken sword, play it on an emulator.
The Zodiac has not any 3D card but 2D card. ;)

The 3D on Zodiac is software with the X-Forge.

Back