Zip Utility?

Shikaku's commands will create and extract from a .tar.gz format file. You can also name them .tgz if you don't like double extensions, or even .gbc or .foo, it really doesn't matter, Linux isn't as dependent on extensions as Windows. Standard Linux executables have no extension.

As for whether or not it's better than zip, I believe gzipped files are smaller when they're all the same type, and would be better for this purpose anyway.

Of course, I'm always one to follow the Larry Wall philosophy ("There's more than one way to do it.") While all these recommendations are very good, if you really need ZIP compatibility for some reason or another in your scripts -- a large collection of zipped ROMs, for example -- I've ported zip and unzip utilities from www.info-zip.org to the GP2X for your scripting pleasure. You can grab them at http://bjimba.googlepages.com

No documentation included -- see www.info-zip.org for more details. Also no source included, since I didn't make any source changes. Minimal testing done so far.

Back