Zelda: Ocarina Of Time And Master Quest.

Macbeth

Website
kyuuseiki.deviantart.com
Hey guys..

May I ask a quick question?

I have a GD disk of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Master Quest (I got it free when I imported Zelda: Wind Waker, boy did that game suck..), and I was sincerly hoping some clever person might tell me how I would go about ripping the ROMs of the two games from the GD? I think it is legal, as I OWN the GD with the ROMs on it, and I don't plan on hosting them/selling them/selling the GD or anything like that, I would just enjoy playing them on an emulator.

Thank you, ciao darlings.

Do you have an Broadband adaptor for the GameCube? Quickest way to be really honest is to download it from the usual places.

Any particular reason why you would need the ISO? Ripping music etc? Or to try on a GC emulator?

Side note: No I dont think it is legal. I vaguely remember that no Nintendo ROM is legal.... can anyone else elaborate?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/61273

edit: second I ran a question through google and come up with an answer from Afterdawn :/

Sorry, sorry, maybe you misunderstood.. but I heard that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube disc was run by an emulator also on the disc developed by Nintendo, so I would like to rip the ROM from the GD-Rom of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to play on my PC. I think it's legal considering I own the game.

So you just want the Zelda 64 ROM, and the Zelda Master Quest Rom?

If you can actually rip the roms to disk then they'll be out on the net anyway; I can't see how much more legal it is if you rip your own.

If you are expecting an emulator to be on the disc playable on your PC then dont bother. Something as big as that would have made some noise ages ago.

Get an N64 emulator and just download the Master Quest ROMS.

If you are expecting an emulator to be on the disc playable on your PC then dont bother. Something as big as that would have made some noise ages ago.

Get an N64 emulator and just download the Master Quest ROMS.
As previously mentioned, the Gamecube disk contains the actual roms for Zelda and Master Quest, which are run by a custom Nintendo-made emulator.

But it would seriously be easier to just download the roms yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.... I wonder if you could use that emulator to play N64 games on the GC... remember the DC Genesis one...?

My opinion about Wind Waker:

1. Starts good. Makes fun, you have a few dungeons (the first 7 hours).
2. Then the annoying thing starts: Looking for Triforce parts...
I am saaaaailing... saaaaaailing... hours and hours... boooooring...
First, get the maps from mini-mini-mini-mini-dungeons. Geez.
Then go where the maps point you. And get the Triforce part.
(I expected a dungeon per Triforce part... nope, nothing. Just grab it. Great.)
This took me about 7-8 hours.
3. Then, after you have the Triforce parts, right away to Ganon. Geez.
Just took me an hour.

So: 7 hours fun, 8 hours boring, 1 hour fun.

Worst Zelda ever. Only about 5 dungeons. Even Zelda 1 had more.
Crap.

I liked Wind Waker a lot. Probably mostly for the graphics. They just felt "fun". I don't think it took me long to find the TriForce pieces (it actually took me much longer to get all of the sunken treasure on the map) and I didn't mind that there were too few dungeons. I think most of the Zelda games are too long, actually. A Link to the Past was a lot of fun, but by the time I got to the 3rd dungeon in the dark world I couldn't be bothered to keep going. The gameplay doesn't really change much for those later dungeons, and they don't really advance the story in any meaningful way. It just seems like they're "there" to add a few hours of gameplay.

Haha, to be honest, I thought that the boat stuff in WindWaker was just to add a few hours of gameplay.
Without it, I would have played through it in about 7 hours.
Would've been the shortest RPG I've ever seen :)

Haha, to be honest, I thought that the boat stuff in WindWaker was just to add a few hours of gameplay.
Without it, I would have played through it in about 7 hours.
Would've been the shortest RPG I've ever seen :)
hmmm... i've never considered the zelda games rpg's, just adventure games. I know lots of people do, but they're really a lot more action oriented and less story driven than rpg's. The shortest rpg..... probably lunar legend for the gba, i beat it in just over 15 hours.

Naaah, Adventures are games like Monkey Island.

Zelda is a typical Action-RPG, where Final Fantasy is a Turn-Based-RPG and Disgaea is a Strategy-RPG.

That's how every RPG site calls those games :)

no ED, it's a fact Zelda isn't a true RPG.

And I liked the game quirte a bit. It wasnt the best zelda title, but it was quite entertaining :)

edit: I googled "zelda isn't an RPG" and a shitload of topics came up saying it wasnt :p

Zelda is an Action-Adventure. Plus, games like Monkey island aren´t adventures, they are "graphic-adventures" (well, at least the 2D ones...)
A true action-RPG is somehing like Terranigma or Secret of Mana, with more equipment options and character stats.

Zelda is an Action-Adventure. Plus, games like Monkey island aren´t adventures, they are "graphic-adventures" (well, at least the 2D ones...)
A true action-RPG is somehing like Terranigma or Secret of Mana, with more equipment options and character stats.
correct. I personally thought it was an RPG up until say 1 year ago after I beat windwaker.

and atm my fav rpg is star ocean: 2nd story. yes, I know, it's a bit unorthodox but oh well :)

Back