Youtube

adrifter

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
anyone else trying to figure this out? i can save the vids easily for the pc, its just a matter of getting them to play on the gp2x...

are there any cases where avi isnt supported? are there any minimum audio/video settings?

thanks to all in advance

d

adrifter posted on Sep 9 2006 at 06:04 PM said:
anyone else trying to figure this out? i can save the vids easily for the pc, its just a matter of getting them to play on the gp2x...

are there any cases where avi isnt supported? are there any minimum audio/video settings?

thanks to all in advance

d
nothing more than 720 x 480, and mainly xvid and divx and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a a firefox plugin you can use to save videos from utube, and then you can convert them whatever format that suits you and have them on the go :)

I've been using TVHarmony Autopilot (http://www.tvharmony.com/). It was originally designed for pulling recordings off of Tivo DVR's, but now also has support for YouTube, Google Video, and a few other online sources.

It installs a browser plugin to IE for grabbing the video, and has a built-in conversion profile for the GP2x.

cool, what a great bunch of suggestions.

i guess i had just been lazy-- i was using something called Vdownloader and was just trying to make avis (320 x 240 at 96 kb) but i guess i was just being lazy-- ill check these out and see what seems easy to make

cheers

d

*edit* downloaded the autopilot and it seems cool-- any reasons why the program seems to not want to download, or convert files when i ask it to? it seems to download or convert whenever it wants to, even though i selected as needed from the processing options(which i assumed meant when i asked it to do something, it would need to do it, and therefore could do it without my having to manually press buttons etc-- mistake?) i keep looking at the the processing status and it says idle but the activity reports concluded downlaods but the conversions are nowhere to be seen, even though i checked twice and pressed convert now-- even my convertnow folder has little 1kb files saying they will be converted, but arent actually doing anything-- any ideas how/why this is happening? ill keep playing with it

thanks again... looks very promising

perishabl posted on Sep 9 2006 at 10:29 PM said:
I've been using TVHarmony Autopilot (http://www.tvharmony.com/). It was originally designed for pulling recordings off of Tivo DVR's, but now also has support for YouTube, Google Video, and a few other online sources.

ty for this
im using it to convert flv files into avi for gp2x after downloading them with keepvid.com $$$
given me somthing to do when bored :)

Last edited by a moderator:
well, the TVharmony seemed to have sorted itself out. not that i did anything that i can honestly expect credit for. thanks for this... this is perfect-- im enjoying the vids, especially showing them off to all my buds who tell me their video ipods are the sh**-- i bust out some youtube vids, a movie, a tvshow or two... then bust out the emus... and let them hang with a few mp3s and oggs... then they try to tell me that they have more memory...

then i bust out the fact mine runs on AA batteries, and i can run it out to a full size tv-- just leaves them speechless... very sweet. Thanks guys

Well I have use TVHarmony yesterday since several people mention about it, but it didnt work as advertise 8-(. I was able after several fidling to convert the FLV file to AVI, but it reencode it in 640x480 even if the original was in 320x240. I did check for the GP2X output which is set to 320x240, so is there something special I need to do?

Thanks for your help.

Back