Avi Files Not Working, Why?!

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
I've transfered quite a few avi files to my Gp2X and some just say, ERROR - NOT SUPPORTED. Why is this as it's supposed to be 'drag and drop, simple as', bollocks! Is there any specific setting, i.e. screen size when converting a video? Just tried getting Jesus on e's on there and was gutted it didn't work!

NickLoTurco said:
I've transfered quite a few avi files to my Gp2X and some just say, ERROR - NOT SUPPORTED. Why is this as it's supposed to be 'drag and drop, simple as', bollocks! Is there any specific setting, i.e. screen size when converting a video? Just tried getting Jesus on e's on there and was gutted it didn't work!
I think it means the file has the wrong encoding, avi files can be made with many different codecs, some are not free, if you play it in windows the player will actually try and go get the right codec for you if it doesn't already have it, the gp2x, not so fortunate. Should say somewhere in the wiki what format is supported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Convert all your videos with PocketDivX, any 320x240 PDA setting will do, and it will also save you a lot of card space.

Having to keep a dual library makes me a sad panda. That was one of the main reasons for getting rid of my iPod. Drag and drop is nice to have, but codec support on the standard GP2X player is just as narrow as the iPod. Even with supposed divx/xvid files it's pretty unforgiving.

I've had more luck with MP2X. It still only supports the same codecs of course, but it's definitely not as fussy.

^ yeah, Pocketdivx was giving me choppy video as well (on standard F200 player). The same videos played fine in MP2X though.

Might give Super a look too, for the hell of it. That website though, sheesh. Talk about a text assault. :lol:

I couldn't stand Super personally. I uninstalled it awhile ago. Very clunky.

Back