Your gaming hopes for 2015?

I went with the i7 model, which has the 2TB HDD.

It does come in i3, i5 and i7 flavors though.

I moved flat recently and haven't got the space for my 27" Mac so I sold that and thought I'd treat myself to the more expensive Alpha with the money.

With my Mac I mostly booted into Windows for Steam anyway, using the OSX for my Photoshop work, so the Alphas custom UI seemed a good choice for my usage

I went with the i7 model, which has the 2TB HDD.

It does come in i3, i5 and i7 flavors though.

I moved flat recently and haven't got the space for my 27" Mac so I sold that and thought I'd treat myself to the more expensive Alpha with the money.

With my Mac I mostly booted into Windows for Steam anyway, using the OSX for my Photoshop work, so the Alphas custom UI seemed a good choice for my usage
i7 is completely useless for gaming. Most games only take advantage of up to 2 cores, and additional cores make no difference whatsoever in frame rates (you only get a few percents more). So an i3 is actually a perfectly acceptable option for a gaming box. An i7 is just very expensive for not much fps increase at all. One of the only games that care about having more cores is Crysis 3, as far as I know. Most of the other games are limited by single threaded performance.

But having the i7 won't cause me any disadvantage will it? In terms of gaming.

I went for the highest spec version as I had money from my Mac, and the larger HDD I wanted too.

The i7 might be more beneficial for desktop type tasks though eh, like Photoshop work

fwiw, i hear a lot of reports that far cry 4 doesnt work on dual core, at all. as far as gateway, it uses kind of a custom firmware launching from the sd card, while the official firmware is still on the 3ds as well. the cfw on the sd card can be upgraded to the latest firmware while keeping the 3ds fw on 4.5 for now at most, and 9.0 should be out for gateway soon

Another gaming hope is that Nintendo add a shopping cart feature to the 3DS eshop...

I'm buying a few titles from the new year day sale, including Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate at half price, but you have to install one at a time then go get the next... Looong

Back