Your Favorite Homebrew Picks? Gp2x

Cave Story
GhostPix
Beat2X (although there doesn't seem to be a whole hell of alot of packs for this... I've looked around online and didn't get much success. I even tried making my own with the Beat Generator, but the results were... not very satisfactory <_< )

EDIT: Lemme add Boomshine to my list. It's not a very long game (at all), but the visuals and the music are very pleasant and soothing. It's just a very fun chill out kinda game.

Ruckman
Sqdef
Sokoban gp2x
Battlejewels
Hex-a-hop
Ghostpix
RetroVirus
TileWorld2x
Drill2x
Phishy
Protozoa
Cave Story

These are my favorites, but there is a lot of other great homebrew I like to play.

Recently I became hooked on these:

- BareFistFighter
- Beat2x
- BrassMunkey
- GravityForce
- zTunnel

too many to choose from :)
knight lore won`t work though and it is a very nice conversion ..from the snapshots i saw .. i play start and then die without any reason

spout!, sqdef, heroes2x, mini project, cave story .. latest blast riot ..upcoming pixel shooter soldier :) and giana returns for christmas :)

euro48k said:
too many to choose from :)
I agree :D I already posted my fav's in another thread, no need to do it too often. Alex's and ruckage's are always solid ;)

knight lore won`t work though and it is a very nice conversion ..from the snapshots i saw .. i play start and then die without any reason

I finally heard back from digitaljez about this, as I had the same problem from every version I could find on the net. He sent me the latest version and I finally have one that works. I told him to update the archive but it still hasn't. Not sure if he wants me to post a link but I'll PM you and put it on my webserver just for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorites so far are -

Sqdef - most played, quality game :)
Protoza - simple but very addicting
Blast riot - All round excellent game
Cromozone - nice new twist in gameplay
GP2X Sand - very relaxing
Boomshine2x - same as above, nicely made

Special mention goes to these (unfortunatly I am not into puzzle games :( )
UNICOLOR and Battlejewels - Brilliant, could well be commercial versions to me.

Looking at some lists there are alot I still need to try out. :)

Back