Your 5 Favourite Albums Of All Time

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
What are your five favourite records of all time? And what is your favourite song off of each?

If you can, post some reasons why it's one of your favourites, but no need to do an essay like me. I'm just getting the ball rolling.

Mine are:

mariachi-el-bronx.jpg

El Bronx by Mariachi El Bronx/The Bronx

El Bronx is a side project by rock band The Bronx. They play traditional mariachi music, with lyrics based around living in the Bronx, such as Immigration, Sex Abuse, etc. It's a fantastic album and everyone should give it a listen. A stand out track for me is "Holy"

main.jpg

Plans by Death Cab for Cutie

I've never been Death Cab's biggest fan, but this is an album I can listen to over and over again and never tire of it. The dark lyrics juxtaposed with the beautiful music - sometimes melancholy, sometimes uplifting- really struck a chord with me. My favourite song of the album is "I will follow you into the dark"

album_big.jpg

Self Titled Album by blink-182

Maybe it's a bit of a cliche, but Blink are my favourite band. I grew up with their poppy/punky songs about girls and being a teenager and I've never forgotten how much of an impact on my teenage years they had. Many people will dismiss them because they aren't a "proper band" and they haven't made masterpieces. Sure, this is true, but their catchy riffs and wacky lyrics are something I coudn't live without. I chose this album because it is their last so far, and it's a lot more "grown up" than the previous ones. I have worked my way through the albums as I've grown up, but this is the one that will always stick with me. My favourite song from this album is "I'm lost without you", which resonates with me due to a great deal of personal loss in my teenage years. The Lyrics "Are you afraid of being alone/I am/I'm lost without you" still chill me to the bone.

202635769.jpg

We Don't Need to Whisper by Angels & Airwaves

Angels and Airwaves have a special place in my heart. I couldn't possibly put a genre to their music, "Space-age rock" would probably be as close as I could get. One part blink-182, one part U2 and one part who knows, the melodies in this album have the power to give me goosebumps. This is an album I play a lot before I go to sleep - it's not very heavy, but it's by no means soft. My favourite song is "The Adventure" but here is "Start the Machine"

51ZP1YZXFVL._SS500_.jpg

Crimson by Alkaline Trio

Alkaline Trio are again not a band I listen to frequently. But somehow in this album, for me, they got it completely right. Alkaline Trio are masters of songs with very dark themes, surrounding suicide and murder. My favourite song on the album is called "Sadie", about Susan Atkins (aka Sadie Mae Glutz) a murderer in the Charles Manson family, who took part in the Sharon Tate murders in 1969. It contains an excerpt from her testimony, and it gives me the creeps every time I listen to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice thread :) . Interesting to see you have no British groups in there. I'm kinda the opposite.
No time to write stuff up now, will maybe add more later.

Black Holes and Revelations by Muse

muse3asd.jpg

The best album from my favourite band. <3
Good track: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=G_sBOsh-vyI

An End has a Start by Editors

Editors_endstart.jpg

Good track: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TBhWAvsLH6A

In Rainbows by Radiohead
in_rainbows.jpg

Good track: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rOoCixFA8OI

Invaders Must Die by the Prodigy

the-prodigy-invaders-must-die-300x300.jpg

Only started listening to them recently, but I love this album.
Good track: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gTw2YvutJRA

Origin of Symmetry by Muse

Muse_-_Origin_Of_Symmetry-front.jpg

Another amazing album. Soz for the double-Muse :3
Good track: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dbB-mICjkQM

Sadly, the music I listen to doesn't really come on albums. Yay classical, and songs being almost 20 minutes each, and existing before albums did anyways.

i think about this all the time, and never can work it out.

here goes, however.

renard - All of Life's Mystery
v.a - bonkers 16
detergent - detergent
Casey LaLonde - Beware!
Furries in a Blender - I Am Sinistar

i might edit this a few times, but I think this is about it.

Difficult question, but here is a try:

Dead or Alive - Evolution (if I can't have the greatest hits, then 'Rip it up')
Frankie goes to Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasure Dome
Pet Shop Boys - Alternative
The Smiths - The sound of The Smiths
Passenger - Wicked Man's Rest

It's bound the change tomorrow isn't it?

craigix said:
I remember you introduced me to that band when you used one of their songs in your video
ages ago. Thanks, they're great :).

craigix said:
Difficult question, but here is a try:

Dead or Alive - Evolution (if I can't have the greatest hits, then 'Rip it up')
Frankie goes to Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasure Dome
Pet Shop Boys - Alternative
The Smiths - The sound of The Smiths

It's bound the change tomorrow isn't it?

It's funny, Go West by the PSB came on today in the shop I work and I thought of you. Odd, huh?

Radiohead kid a
Black sabbath vol 4
The doors strange days
Queen. Queen ii
Live lightening crashes

Only one, but meh:
00-dubmood-cetait_mieux_en_rda-2007-scan-petite.jpg

C’etait mieux en RDA - Dubmood

Favorite song... Sector 2C.

(naw)mcx said:
i think about this all the time, and never can work it out.

here goes, however.

renard - All of Life's Mystery
v.a - bonkers 16
detergent - detergent
Casey LaLonde - Beware!
Furries in a Blender - I Am Sinistar

i might edit this a few times, but I think this is about it.

WOAH, whats up with this, a renard and casey lalonde listener, in MY pandora forums!?
From now on, you are my brother :)

I bought renards albums:
The Queenstons - Figurehead and Jackal Queenston Fireplanet not too long ago.
Will buy Caseys Thank You when its release. let me knwo if you want them, ill share ;)

edit, and yes, Detergent is awesomely bad, haha ;P

Wow this is hard... ok, here goes:

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction - [Insert any song off album here]
Easily my favourite band of all time and was tempted to fill my top five with only GNR, including the new album (I only seem to like stuff that takes ages to get released) :p

Oasis - Definitely Maybe - Live Forever
The amount of fantastic songs they pumped out is staggering, this one reminds me of being young.

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP - The Way I Am
Everyone feels like this now and again, don't they?

No Comply - With Windmills Turning Wrong Directions [Again, any song]
Little known band sadly no longer together. Quite heavy, but different and it grows on you.

Nirvana - Nevermind - Lithium
Still love this album, always sounds great. After many years considering it, I've decided this is my favourite track. Or Smells Like Teen Spirit... no wait, gotta be Come As You Are...

Grace Jones - Slave to the Rhythm

album-Grace-Jones-Slave-to-the-Rhythm.jpg

Heaven 17 - Penthouse & Pavement

album-penthouse-and-pavement-713394.jpg

The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow

The-Smiths-Hatful-Of-Hollow-240809.jpg

Tubeway Army - Replicas

replicas.jpg

Happy Mondays - Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches
320.gif

quote said:
Nice thread :) . Interesting to see you have no British groups in there. I'm kinda the opposite.
No time to write stuff up now, will maybe add more later.

Black Holes and Revelations by Muse

muse3asd.jpg

Funnily enough, had it been 6 albums and not 5, my 6th would have been Absolution.

EDIT: Which, random fact, shares a track name with Blink's self titled album.

This took a wee bit of thinking, although one album came straight into my head.

Sons Of Northern Darkness by Immortal
album-sons-of-northern-darkness.jpg

Yeah, ignore the lameness of the cover. This is an amazing black metal album and imho, has some of the best BM songs ever made on it. I know it doesn't follow the same standard of other BM albums (ie, the audio quality is actually crystal clear, rather than sounding like it's been recorded off a tape recorder in someones garage), but it still reaches perfection. The final track of the album, Beyond the North Waves sends chills down my spine whenever I hear it. I just :wub: it.
Unfortunately I do end up being slightly deaf after listening to this album as it's one I just keep turning up louder and louder.

The Fall Of Math by 65daysofstatic
cover_5327221222009.jpg

It's all just awesome. Not got much else to say about it :p
Hole would be my favourite song off of the album. It gives me a funny feeling when I listen to it :p
This is another album that sends me deaf.

It gets kind of hard to think of three more albums. I'll just say the ones that popped into my head soonest.

In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson
King%20Crimson%20-%20In%20the%20Court%20of%20the%20Crimson%20King.jpg

This is just an epic album. It's near perfect and has truely stood the test of time. Epitaph has got to be my favourite tracks off of this album. It's just a beautiful song.

Ok Computer by Radiohead
1237643654_e4deb2c008a015a9fc0b1010.l.jpg

A completely awesome album. Karma Police is probably my favourite track off of it.

Neon Ballroom by Silverchair
6a00c225238541f21900cdf3a6ed18cb8f-500pi

It's Silverchair!!! The first three tracks to this album are so awesome that it's got to stick the entire album in my top 5. Ana's Song (Open Fire) is probably my favourite track from the album. It's both gorgeous and emotional.

Other notable albums (and in some sort of order) would be:
The Bends by Radiohead
Mr Beast by Mogwai
De-Loused In The Comatorium by The Mars Volta
Saosin by Saosin
A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors by Xasthur

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
KMFDM - Nihil
Aphex Twin - ... I Care Because You Do
Failure - Magnified
God Lives Underwater - Empty
Beastie Boys - Check Your Head
Boards of Canada - Music has the Right to Children

(The list changes all the time... From Skinny Puppy to Radiohead to whatever... and yeah that's seven)

socket said:
KMFDM - Nihil

(The list changes all the time... From Skinny Puppy to Radiohead to whatever... and yeah that's seven)

Nice top 3 there :D

Mine'd be:
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral -(perfection in all ways, sound design is amazing, the atmosphere is perfect and the continuity between the tracks is flawless, and that's before we get into the real reasons it's awesome XD)

Headscan - Pattern Recognition -(some of the best soundscapes and synth programming I've heard)

Haujobb - NinetyNine -(really nice overall production and the vocals are nice, nice sparse but unique atmosphere)

Venetian Snares - Rossz Coillage Alatt Szveletlet -(The mix between sparse orchestral music and insane breakcore works surprisingly well...)

Covenant - Dreams of a Cryotank -(The least pop-sounding Covenant album, I just love the guys voice :p)

Viral18 said:
socket said:
KMFDM - Nihil

Nice top 3 there :D

Mine'd be:
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral -(perfection in all ways, sound design is amazing, the atmosphere is perfect and the continuity between the tracks is flawless, and that's before we get into the real reasons it's awesome XD)

Venetian Snares - Rossz Coillage Alatt Szveletlet -(The mix between sparse orchestral music and insane breakcore works surprisingly well...)

I approve. Venetian Snares is up there as one of the best artists ever.

Nova said:
EDIT: Which, random fact, shares a track name with Blink's self titled album.
They're both quite heavy too.
Muse's Stockholm Syndrome is better ;).

Back