Your favourite Easter Egg or Cameos in Video Games

kuru

Laptop und Trachtenjanker
Describe and maybe post an image or video of your favourite video game easter egg or cameo.

I'll begin with the game Gothic as it's one of my all-time favourites. At one point of the story there's a "live performance" given by the band In Extremo as shown in the video below. Knowing the band and suddenly hearing their music in one of the best games I've ever played blew my mind at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/A5_941tL5uo?feature=oembed

Which easter egg has managed to catch you off-guard or give you a pleasant surprise?

No real fav, just to many great easter eggs out there, but to post something similar, there was a great "live performance" Band easter egg in Sacred 2 too. After finishing a questline where you have to find the instruments of the musicians, you are able to see a Blind Guardian Concert.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JyfE55c_ZjI?feature=oembed

Ontop of that, you were able to keep their instruments which were actualy usable as weapon Items. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Game: Red Dead Redemption

The footprints that appear on the Tumbleweed mansion cellar stairs at 6pm in-game time.

Virtua Striker games.

F.C SEGA SONIC

bg01.jpg

Sonic all over Nintendo stuff. I remember when this was unthinkable for many people, usually Sega fans who fell for the marketing.

Why do I keep mentioning Link's Awakening lately?  Mario and Peach, amongst others, are not really in it (but is anything real?).

There are others I might think of later.

In the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies I happened to find an easter-egg that wasn't/isn't commonly known, on the Avatar Platform over Planet Kashyyyk - probably the funniest one and most unexpected I've ever seen :lol:

There was a room with like 6 Prison Cells containing a tall "Wookiee Prisoner (NPC)" each.

Via each cells' control pad you could either release or kill the respective prisoner - If you selected kill a strong electroshock would be triggered inside the cell and drop the prisoner dead instantly.

However, if you pressed the kill button on the last cell it would give you a message "FATAL ERROR - calling technical support" and after few seconds a small "Java Technician (NPC)" carrying a HUGE sledgehammer would come running down the hallway.

It would stop at the cell that had the defective kill switch, shut down the cell door's force field, walk into it and just manually hammer the prisoner to death :p
Then run off again down the hallway after the job was done.

Sadly, I couldn't find a video of it. I really wonder how many of the many thousand players actually discovered or knew about that easter-egg, especially since the Avatar Platform was just a brief one-time thing for most people, if at all.

(I only ran into the easter-egg because I visited the platform several times trying to get a very specific weapon drop, because I thought it looked cool :p )

On the top of my head:

- Ultima's Avatar as "last boss" in Dungeon Keeper.

- The Sierra style death scene in Monkey's Island

Back