Yinlips Ydp-g69

Dom

Still Fresh
Website
dom-productions.ovh.org
Hello

While looking for a replacement of my GP32, I came across of this console/pocketpc : Yinlips YDP-G69.
( not to mistake with the YDP-G68 which looks the same but is just a MP4 player with NES & GBC emu. )

Looks quite powerful, very small, has a 3' touchscreen, and since you can close it like a gbasp you won't damage the screen putting it in your pocket. :)

Here are the specs : http://www.yinlips.com/_en/products_show.asp?id=616

200712484614281et2.jpg

Their website is slow as a slug so I copy/paste specs here :
- DGT ARM926@266MHZ CPU+533MHZ DSP Processor
- Windows CE 5
- 3 inch touch screen
- Support handwritten function
- Support MINI SD card(Max:2GB)
- Built-in WIFI function(support QQ, MSN, SKYPE,E-mail etc.)
- Built-in Office software
- Built-in Windows Media Player
- Support Flash format to display
- Game function
- E-book function
- Digital Photo Frame function
- PMP(MP4) function
- Built-in loudspeakersktop

I do not know much about pocketpc's but it seems that they already have lots of games and emulators that this device could run. I saw they even have ScummVM and DOSBox ! :)

According to the specs, what emulators and games do you think it could run ? I would like it to play Megadrive, SNES, ScummVM, PCengine, and maybe NeoGeo or CPS1.

I do not find where to buy it and how much does it cost.

The only issue is the battery life looks quite short : 2h48 according to them.

What do you think of it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, but as usual prototypes are not shown on the brand's website among existing products.
I wrote them yesterday to ask but I did not get any response yet.

I got a response to my email. They will probably cancel the YDP-G69 but they are making two other "micro pc" instead : YDP-G73 and YDP-G77. They did not tell me about the price but they said these devices will be available after one or two months. :)

Why does their website lagging so much ?

Back