Yet another HD Remake

Garrett

Advanced Member
Is there something in the water atm?.. there's been several announcements of classic game HD remastering projects in the last week or so.

??

Not complaining though.. this baby is a particular favorite & I hardly need any excuse to re-install as it is.

Basically it's the same thing that happening in Hollywood. They are just out of ideas. We in the US have raised a generation on unimaginative hacks who are only motivated by money. Why hire a writing team when you can just slap a fresh coat of paint on an old Intellectual Property?

Basically it's the same thing that happening in Hollywood. They are just out of ideas.
Remakes in video games are not recent, though. It's been more than 15 years we usually have remakes every time a new console comes out. And the publishers are correct: remakes sell, unfortunately. 

So, blame the consumers who are stupid enough to buy the same game several times :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically it's the same thing that happening in Hollywood. They are just out of ideas.
Remakes in video games are not recent, though. It's been more than 15 years we usually have remakes every time a new console comes out. And the publishers are correct: remakes sell, unfortunately. 

So, blame the consumers who are stupid enough to buy the same game several times :)
I really dislike what Nintendo is doing recently.

Instead of making new games they release the Zelda games as HD remake.

The only game that has the right to get a remake on every console existing is Rayman 2: The great escape ;) .

It's tradition.

It's a mod, not a commercial project.

HD mods are a great way to enjoy older games on newer computers. I've played Deus Ex: Invisible War with an unofficial HD texture patch and it was great..

If someone wants to spend his free time improving the looks of an old game for free, I won't complain.

Remakes by AAA game companies are another thing. And even there, there are some cases where it's appreciable, because they were some games that had very good concepts that can now be pushed further, or games that were limited by the tech and that could now live to their full potential. 

The only game that has the right to get a remake on every console existing is Rayman 2: The great escape . It's tradition.
Was it good ? I never played it.

Didn't it get a remake on DS ? or was that a new Rayman game made for the DS ?  
DS and 3DS versions exist.

I played the DS and the PSX version (N64 als exists).

The PSX had a different Boss fight than the Ds version.

So far it was the best Rayman Game I have played.

It's an awesome Game I think.

Play it on Pandora.

Runs pretty well here.

It has a Super Mario Bros Like Overworld where you can enter the levels.

But it does feel a lot more as an Adventure game.

It's really good.

It's a mod, not a commercial project.

HD mods are a great way to enjoy older games on newer computers. I've played Deus Ex: Invisible War with an unofficial HD texture patch and it was great..

If someone wants to spend his free time improving the looks of an old game for free, I won't complain.

Remakes by AAA game companies are another thing. And even there, there are some cases where it's appreciable, because they were some games that had very good concepts that can now be pushed further, or games that were limited by the tech and that could now live to their full potential. 
You're right with that.

HD-Mod -> Awesome

Selling the same game twice and only enhance Sraphics -> Bad

(Adding features and redo th whole game is different for me)

Played Mysteries of the Sith quite a lot, but lost interest in JK2 pretty quickly. Similar with Deus Ex, though I at least finished Invisible War (but IMO its still crap compared to its predecessor). Probably depends on which aspects of these games you like.

Back