Pandora terminal game in a pnd

Fworg64

Who knows?
I have a terminal game (runs from a CLI) (TicTacToe) that runs fine when launched from terminal, and i have even made a launcher on the desktop for it that runs the command 'Terminal -x /media/LILGUY/TicTacToe/TicTacToe' that launches the program just fine. But when i try to wrap the whole thing in a pnd problems arise...

The command i have for my exec command is "Terminal -x ./TicTacToe" I have also tried "Terminal -x /mnt/utmp/TicTacToe/TicTacToe" but the both give the same result, a full screen non-windowed terminal with nothing but a blinking cursor, it takes no input and logs me out shortly afterwords (30secs or so).

Another one i tried was just "./TicTacToe" and "/mnt/utmp/TicTacToe/TicTacToe but those did absolutely nothing, similar to how when i just double click on the executable from thunar.

I am fairly certain my pxml file is fine (I stole it from FreeCiv and it shows up in menu like i told it to) but i will attach it any way...

PXML.xml file

Code:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 

- <PXML xmlns="http://openpandora.org/namespaces/PXML" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="PXML_schema.xsd">

- <application id="tictactoe.fworg64.port.cli" appdata="TicTacToe">

<title lang="en_US">TicTacToe</title> 

<exec command="Terminal -x ./TicTacToe" /> 

<description lang="en_US">It's Tic Tac Toe, on a command-line interface, What more could you ever want? Oh, and it's Open Source.</description> 

- <previewpics>

<pic src="TicTacToe.png" /> 

</previewpics>

<author name="Austin Oltmanns aka Fworg64" /> 

- <!-- Optional email and website, name required

--> 

<version major="1" minor="0" release="1" build="0" /> 

- <!-- This programs version

--> 

- <categories>

- <category name="Games">

- <!-- category like "Games", "Graphics", "Internet" etc

--> 

<subcategory name="StrategyGame" /> 

- <!-- subcategory, like "Board Games", "Strategy", "First Person Shooters"

--> 

</category>

</categories>

</application>

</PXML>

I ported weechat, a terminal chat client, recently, and had no specific problem with the terminal.

I used

Code:
terminal --full-screen --command="./weechat"

which does the same thing as you, although with a different syntax.

Had to force full-screen myself so I guess the terminal you see is not the one launched by your script.

Maybe you have a problem with the scripts running the pnd, how did you build it ?

Hopefully someone with better knowledge of those scripts will have an idea.

To debug the pnd, I used a lot of commands like this :

Code:
terminal --hold --command="echo coucou"

so you know whether the pnd run process arrives in your script

(--hold gives you the time to see the ouput, maybe you could try it in your script ?)

Code:
terminal --command="pwd >  ~/temp.txt && ls -la >> ~/temp.txt && env >> ~/temp.txt"

then you can compare the content of the dumped file with one you did with your desktop script.

thank you for the help but i found a work around,

i just changed the exec command to "run.sh" and added run.sh to the .pnd's directory and made run.sh

#!/bin/sh

Terminal -x ./TicTacToe

which makes no real sense to me as to why it wouldn´t work without the run.sh file but "whatevs"

EDIT double post

Last edited by a moderator:
The exec command can't have arguments. You'd need to have something like

Code:
<exec command="Terminal" arguments="-x ./TicTacToe"/>

Just for future reference :)

Back