Xpladdv725.wmf????

Status
Not open for further replies.

invinciblegod

every time I come to this site it asks me to open or save this file and then my antivirus says im infected with exploit.cve-2005-1790. Does this mean the forum is infected with a virus? Fortunately, i'm not using internet explorer or I will be even more screwed if this actually is some sort of virus.
Screenshot for everytime I come to forums:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/invi...od/df395a1a.jpg

Edit: ???the problem dissapeared??? Maybe it was some freak error im my browser???

Actually, yeah, this is a really nasty exploit that will completely fuck up your system. It gets into your computer by way of imaging software (Irfanview for most people). Microsoft released an update that will keep this exploit from infiltrating your system. It will pop up still, but won't do any actual infecting. This is a -really harsh- exploit, though. If you get it, you more than likely won't be able to back anything up, and if you can, it will be a real bitch. Someone needs to fix this now before it turns into a big problem.

shouldnt the people (like me) dont get the warning be a little more worried if its on the forum?

I use avast and dont get nothing like that.

- Alex

Edit: You seem to have a FF icon in your quicklaunch. Is that just for show? :)

I have the same thing (using an IE-based browser, I'm posting in Firefox now and it seems ok).

When I go to the "view new posts" list, there's a popup, something to with WMF something-something. I *think* I'm patched up but is there a way to check that I didn't get infected?

And since the problem surfaces on the "new posts" page, my guess is it's a topic somewhere with some evil HTML in the thread title/post name.

the image thing has gone, but i hae just visited on a different comp and my computer has told me i have spyware and/or virii on my computer.

Im using oera, and yeah it stopped just before i made my poist

DONT USE INTERNET EXPLORER WITH gp32x.de!

I tried and get Virus warnings about:

EXP/IMG.WMF2
Java/Byteverify.G.3
EXP/JS.CVE2005-1790j

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'm glad I use Linux and OSX, I remember these kind of problems back when I used W2K. After using Linux exclusively I had a lot less headache, then OSX came out and I have to say it's Nirvana of operating systems, but Gentoo is close to Nirvana. I would jump ship if I were you, maybe Apples switch to Intel will mean more games for OSX, then would you jump ship? At the very least dump IE.

Thanx,
Stan

Bluntly, using IE on the Internet is like fucking a whore without a condom... Practice safe surfing people...

I get the same thing if I'm using MyIE2(IE based) and my Avast pops up a warning but says it stopped it. Irfanview does popup but I don't see anything else happening. if I log in with Firefox I get nothing and I can browse with ease.

I'll tell you though, it scared the crap out of me when I logged in and my Avast started popping up warnings. its the first time thats happened since I installed it months ago.

I get it on Opera, but not Firefox. Hope it gets cleared up soon, because I prefer Opera as my normal browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back