Xgp, Xgp Mini And Xgp Kids

Hi there!
I'm knew here and i want to tell me the differences about all this Game Park stuffs.Which one i should buy?
XGP is the better?I want to play games and watch avi movies.
plz tell me which one i should get , and what is the differences betwin gp32 , gpx2 , and xgp.
theank you all!

Fotio posted on Jul 20 2006 at 04:57 PM said:
Hi there!
I'm knew here and i want to tell me the differences about all this Game Park stuffs.Which one i should buy?
XGP is the better?I want to play games and watch avi movies.
plz tell me which one i should get , and what is the differences betwin gp32 , gpx2 , and xgp.
theank you all!
The GP2x is the "sequel" to the GP32. The XGP does not exist yet and may be vaporware.

Last edited by a moderator:
so GP2x is better of GP32...?and can GP2x play avi files,and what emulators?is there emulators for nindento DS and PSP?
Should i wait for the GPX?It will do all the other that you can do with the previous?( what is vaporware?)

The GP32 was a machine built by GamePark some years ago. It had a 133 MHz ARM9 processor, no 2D acceleration and 8 MB of RAM. It is now fairly obsolete. It uses outdated and low-capacity SMC cards and has no hardware video decoding support.

The GP2X is a system released by GamePark Holdings (GPH), a company that broke off from GamePark, who made the GP32. It has 2 200 MHz ARM9 processors, 2D acceleration by way of a blitter, MPEG4 decoding in hardware for accelerated video playback, supports MP3 and OGG audio playback in the default firmware, as well as photo and text viewing. It also sports 64 MB of RAM, as well as onboard NAND storage. It also uses the more modern and much higher-capacity SD card storage format and has numerous networking/USB features not found on the GP32. It runs a wide array of software including PC game ports, emulators (NES, GB, MegaDrive/Genesis, SNES, NeoGeo, MAME arcade emulation, Atari ST and a whole lot more.)

The XGP is a series of consoles that don't yet exist built by what remains of GamePark and whatever new employees they may have hired. The exact specs are unknown but at last notice it used mostly the same hardware as the GP2X, with the exception of ONE 200 MHz ARM9, not two, the two models have different amounts of RAM (32mb and 64mb for the XGP Mini and XGP respectively), differing screen sizes and aspect ratios, one has an analog stick and the other a segmented D-Pad. The only major upgrade is a GPU for 3D and 2D acceleration. It is unknown if these specifications will remain the same.

in addition to epicenters excellent post:

yes the gp2x plays avis perfectly. and no it doesn't emulate psp or nds, psp is more powerful than the gp2x so theres no way to emulate it and ds.. well it has two screens and the gp2x has one and one of the ds's screens is a touchscreen while the gp2x's isn't ;)

vaporware is something that is announced over and over again but never sees the light of the day ;)

get a gp2x you won't regret it

Technically, the PSP isn't more powerful, in general. The GP2X has more raw CPU horsepower when properly utilized, plus overclocking potential, but a weaker 2D subsystem (the PSP has a dedicated GPU rather than just a blitter.) As for emulating the DS-- it's possible, if you run the ARM9 code from the DS titles *on* one of the GP2X's ARM9 processors and just emulate the video and audio subsystems, but 3D games would probably be nightmarishly slow. I don't see an immediate problem with 2D ones. You could always switch between LCDs on the emulated DS with a button of some sort-- one screen usually serves no purpose in most games anyway.

WOW !!! You guys are great!I see you are a big community out there!
Epicenter you help me a lot to understanding whats going on,theanks.
And Vollgasasi why are you suggesting gp2x?( why not the psp?)
I am from Hellas (Greece) i have not a dealler here...
I recently knew about that handle gadgets and i'm enthusiastic about that!Do you thing of Microsoft doing the same?

Epicenter posted on Jul 21 2006 at 10:46 AM said:
Technically, the PSP isn't more powerful, in general. The GP2X has more raw CPU horsepower when properly utilized, plus overclocking potential, but a weaker 2D subsystem (the PSP has a dedicated GPU rather than just a blitter.) As for emulating the DS-- it's possible, if you run the ARM9 code from the DS titles *on* one of the GP2X's ARM9 processors and just emulate the video and audio subsystems, but 3D games would probably be nightmarishly slow. I don't see an immediate problem with 2D ones. You could always switch between LCDs on the emulated DS with a button of some sort-- one screen usually serves no purpose in most games anyway.
Don't say that... It might get some of the worse newbies in a riot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back