Xgp - First Pictures

Bampt posted on Aug 17 2005 at 07:15 PM said:
If the Xgp has more power than the Gpx2... Hell I´ll buy the Xgp because i won´t buy a system with minor power like the Gpx2 ok it looks good designed but you won´t get any use just of the good design, it is the hardware which makes it good. So if this Xgp is opensource and has as good specs as the Gizmondo (or a little less) i´ll buy it. Dosen´t making sense for me buying a product with minor power
just because the standard neogeo pocket ripped design Gpx2 damn this f**k thing

By your logic you shouldn't buy either one. If all you care about is CPU power you should get a PSP as it more powerful than both of these. There is more than just how powerful a CPU is that makes a system good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I confess, probably I would want to get me a PSP because of some certain games. But I never would buy a PSP, that's no option for me. Too many other people will already buy this thing, so why should I sin again (after buying a Playstation, shame on me!).

So I'm looking forward to the Gizmondo and the XGP. Noone can afford to bring a portable game system without 3D this days. Go out and ask the people: most even don't know what 2D graphic is.

Hey, if I want supreme 3D GFX, I get me a XBox 360.

The openEclipse (my name for gpx2) will definitely be better than the xgp. The xgp is a psp wannabe and no matter how good it looks or even is (technically) it will never get enough software support. About people not knowing what 2d graphics is, most people don't know what a gp32 is either! Does that mean that the gp32 isn't good? Hell no. 2d graphics rock, I don't know wtf you're doing on this board if you don't like 2d graphics as the gp32 is mostly used to emulate older 2d systems and play 2d homebrew.

EDIT: sorry if that sounded a bit harsh, i just finished ranting about how much i hate microsoft and put a little of my bad attitude into this post. Sorry.

DaveC posted on Aug 16 2005 at 06:30 PM said:
x68000 posted on Aug 16 2005 at 04:01 PM said:
i just wish that 'certain people' would stop posting the same thing over and over.

It would be interesting to find out how many times the same point has been made and posted. It must be hundreds.

Yeah we should all only post things that make x6800 happy. Things like this is wonderful! It will emulate a 3DO and Dreamcast! I can't wait! everything is the best with it I wouldn't change a thing!

Anything that isn't like that should never be posted from now on, we wouldn't want to have an opinion that may displease or disagree with x68000 now would we ;)
now when did i ever say that dreamcast emulation is a possibility? i did say that as a pipe dream 3d0 would be somthing to aspire towards but don't realistically believe somthing which relies upon it's 3d architectuere as much could ever be achieved on what is predominantly a 2D system.

Shinneri is right on the mark, we all know your opinions on this handheld, so why continue to keep posting the same remarks?

Maybe we should have Davec's pearls of wisdom put in a sticky so if we ever feel the desire to listen to what he has to say, we know where to go.

Like so many other people on here, all we want is to see some competent emulators and would progressive 16 bit system support be too much to ask??

as for xgp, it really has nowhere to go outside of korea - in the uk, a much respected mag to the consumer and the industry called edge has just run a big article about the psp's much maligned emulation capabilities. For those not already in the know, it really is just an early nail in the psp wannabee's coffin.

Rockin posted on Aug 17 2005 at 09:16 PM said:
I confess, probably I would want to get me a PSP because of some certain games. But I never would buy a PSP, that's no option for me. Too many other people will already buy this thing, so why should I sin again (after buying a Playstation, shame on me!).

So I'm looking forward to the Gizmondo and the XGP. Noone can afford to bring a portable game system without 3D this days. Go out and ask the people: most even don't know what 2D graphic is.

Hey, if I want supreme 3D GFX, I get me a XBox 360.

Well 99.99% of the world will be buying a PSP for the things you want (3D etc). I don't think GPH should re-structure their whole philosophy of their new system just to please a few stubborn PSP/Sony haters. For those there is the DS.

Since EVERYTHING else is 3D now days there is a real need/niche for a competent 2D system capable of emulation/homebrew. Why come out with yet another polygon pusher when we already have so many well supported ones that have the bases already covered? I have nothing against 3D, I love it too but when I want 3D I pick up my PSP. When I want a change of pace and want to play an old retro emulated game or homebrew 2D game I go for my GP32. We don't need a poorly supported "me too" system like the XGP, it is redundant. The GPx2 fills a niche, the XGP will be "yet another" also ran like the Gizmondo.

What specs has the Xgp got ?? Better than the giz? If not it isn´t worth a buy...
But the Gp2x or whatever it is called is just to bad you couldn´t emulate Neogeo on it so it isn´t a real good emulation system...
They had to make a System with 500Mhz and 2D accelerator that would be fine but the power of Gpx2 is to low to look at it

But the Gp2x or whatever it is called is just to bad you couldn´t emulate Neogeo on it so it isn´t a real good emulation system...
</flamebait>
They had to make a System with 500Mhz and 2D accelerator that would be fine but the power of Gpx2 is to low to look at it
You must not know the specs of console systems (SNES, GBA, N64, PS2, etc.). Also, the GPX2 does have a 2D accelerator.

i dont see how gizmondo can even try to compete with xgp, xgp is open, giz is drm fucked.
xgp haves a nice big screen, giz haves a poststamp.
both have a 3d chip.
both use a arm chip, xgp propably about 200mhz, giz 400.
xgp haves 64mb ram.
xgp haves a touchscreen.
xgp haves wlan.
xgp costs under 300$ giz is 400$.

Vimacs posted on Aug 18 2005 at 10:52 PM said:
i dont see how gizmondo can even try to compete with xgp, xgp is open, giz is drm fucked.
xgp haves a nice big screen, giz haves a poststamp.
both have a 3d chip.
both use a arm chip, xgp propably about 200mhz, giz 400.
xgp haves 64mb ram.
xgp haves a touchscreen.
xgp haves wlan.
xgp costs under 300$ giz is 400$.
is the xgp open source? i thought it was closed.

in the uk the gizmondo retails for roughly $200, so if someone can crack the damn thing it could become interesting.

Bampt posted on Aug 18 2005 at 06:55 PM said:
What specs has the Xgp got ?? Better than the giz? If not it isn´t worth a buy...

Giz?!!

Why are we even comparing stuff to that? It is closed and has a tiny screen so who cares if it has a few more MHz than the others?

It looks like one of those cheap plastic things you get down the market with a basic version of tetris/snake on for about £2.99

And after the GPH console looks so dam sexy aswell.

Back