Renew The Gp2x / Xgp Info Page!!!

___

Advanced Member
Okay, now that we have so many news and facts about the xgp and even the notice of two other systems, the xgp mini and eventually the gp32 junior, it seems about time that the info page of gp32x about the xgp is updated... anybody who is not willing to look into the forums but interested in the topics in general will be misinformed. We already know lots and lots more about the xgp... like that it will have linux and so on... even if these facts are not 100% certain and approved, we still know more then when the page was written, right?

Edit: spelling

are you kidding?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=26846

And I think that there is something about the gp32 junior in there, too. But nothing certain has been said about that device...

Edit: LOL just realized that you were posting in that thread... I hate internet sarcasm...
yeah, you were kidding... sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's quite offensive actually; they'll make a smaller model of the GP32 and market it towards a younger audience. The price is said to be ~$80, which seems quite the good deal if you ask me. Provided compatibility with the current GP32 remains, I may pick it up instead of the 2X, because I'm that big of an asshole. :)

- Alex

It's called XGP Mini and not GP32 junior. And the site should really be updated. If nobody wants to do it alone we could set up a page in the wiki and do it together :)

Alex. posted on Mar 25 2006 at 08:52 PM said:
It's quite offensive actually; they'll make a smaller model of the GP32 and market it towards a younger audience. The price is said to be ~$80, which seems quite the good deal if you ask me. Provided compatibility with the current GP32 remains, I may pick it up instead of the 2X, because I'm that big of an asshole. :)

- Alex
How do you know any of this? Where's the press release/info page? I'm totally out of the loop here... :(

iignotus posted on Mar 26 2006 at 10:56 AM said:

- Alex
How do you know any of this? Where's the press release/info page? I'm totally out of the loop here... :(

Well, Gamepark's website has just been recently updated with all kinds of info on the XGP and the XGP Mini. I'm guessing (as someone else said already) that the GP32 Jr is the XGP Mini. Gamepark's website should be self-evident.

iignotus posted on Mar 26 2006 at 02:56 AM said:

- Alex
lol, you seriously don't know that?
There was a huge thread with info about the new xgp / mini / junior.

If they'll ever release the junior, I hope they'll keep it running on AA's and have the same screen size as the original.

- Alex

aapje89 posted on Mar 26 2006 at 04:55 AM said:
iignotus posted on Mar 26 2006 at 02:56 AM said:

- Alex
lol, you seriously don't know that?
There was a huge thread with info about the new xgp / mini / junior.
Apparently I didn't :( I knew about the xgp and the mini, but not the gp32 junior :(

iignotus says that he hadnt heard of the xgpminni but he's posted in this thread about is specs.
I believe you misread what I said earlier in this thread. Read again ;)

Alex. posted on Mar 26 2006 at 01:24 PM said:
If they'll ever release the junior, I hope they'll keep it running on AA's and have the same screen size as the original.

- Alex

You need to read the specs. It has a propriatary built-in (user replaceable or not?) battery and a 2" screen. I doubt it will change now.

DaveC posted on Mar 26 2006 at 03:34 PM said:
Alex. posted on Mar 26 2006 at 01:24 PM said:

- Alex

You need to read the specs. It has a propriatary built-in (user replaceable or not?) battery and a 2" screen. I doubt it will change now.
Are the specs for the GP32Jr up, and if so where? I thought those were the XGPmini specs. Being targeted for a younger audience you'd expect them to drop the hassle of chargers and whatnot and go for the simplest way, AAs.

- Alex

dang. The xgp and xgp mini are both better than the gp2x. Looks like the gp2x is obsolete already.

GPH is just a cruddy break-off of Gamepark.

Purist posted on Apr 4 2006 at 09:18 PM said:
dang. The xgp and xgp mini are both better than the gp2x. Looks like the gp2x is obsolete already.

GPH is just a cruddy break-off of Gamepark.
Can you please do this community a favor and stop posting?

Back