Xgp - First Pictures

Gee, i really hope that it doesnt have tons of stupid features that i dont want. . . (i.e. a phone)

I think that GP should focus on making it a truely portable system that i might actually be able to fit in my pocket, while still giving it the essential features that the gp32 is missing.

Well... I think it looks fine. Donmt think it'll be as bulky as people think - the same was said of the PSP when the first prototypes got their airing.

It's the open-source thing that'll make or break it...

Axeman posted on Aug 16 2005 at 01:19 PM said:
Well... I think it looks fine. Donmt think it'll be as bulky as people think - the same was said of the PSP when the first prototypes got their airing.
And the PSP isn't bulky? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarska333 posted on Aug 16 2005 at 02:06 PM said:
Excited? Everyone? Where on earth do you get "excitement" from this crowd?

Re-read the posts. It seems like almost everyone likes it.

geo12 posted on Aug 16 2005 at 05:16 PM said:
Gee, i really hope that it doesnt have tons of stupid features that i dont want. . . (i.e. a phone)

I think that GP should focus on making it a truely portable system that i might actually be able to fit in my pocket, while still giving it the essential features that the gp32 is missing.

That is what the GPx2 is.

mr.miyagi posted on Aug 16 2005 at 04:15 PM said:
DaveC posted on Aug 16 2005 at 02:59 PM said:
16:9 screen + Analog controller = bad emulation system. 

It looks pretty digital to me.

Anyway.
Damn its a beauty and it has WiFi, tv-out. :)
But i still dont know witch one I gonna buy. :huh:
I like both of them.
Before the pictures i was pretty much on the gpx2 side but now im just confused. :angry:

Read the specs from GP. They have already said that it is analog.

x68000 posted on Aug 16 2005 at 04:01 PM said:
i just wish that 'certain people' would stop posting the same thing over and over.

It would be interesting to find out how many times the same point has been made and posted. It must be hundreds.

Yeah we should all only post things that make x6800 happy. Things like this is wonderful! It will emulate a 3DO and Dreamcast! I can't wait! everything is the best with it I wouldn't change a thing!

Anything that isn't like that should never be posted from now on, we wouldn't want to have an opinion that may displease or disagree with x68000 now would we ;)

shinneri posted on Aug 16 2005 at 03:55 PM said:
Alpha2 posted on Aug 16 2005 at 11:03 AM said:
5. being that this is using a GP os that;s just an Upgraded version of the GP32's I'm suprised no one has realized that if anything is backwards compatible right out of the box it'd be this machine rather than the GPX2 since GPH isn't Gamepark.

And, DaveC, some people like to keep an open mind. ;) You're wrong though. I think everyone who plans on getting one of these plans on getting a GPx2 because that seems to be the true successor to the GP32. However, some people may just decide to get the other one, too.

As for me, I'm on the fence as to whether I want an XGP or not... I'll have to wait for more info to know.

While some of us will get both not everyone has the money or the interest in both. The important thing is what the developers will take a liking to, as this is where all of our emus and HB will come from. They rarely do stuff on both because of time. They usually have a favorite and go to that. This is what will determine which one will "win out".

shinneri posted on Aug 16 2005 at 05:33 PM said:
I think he just doesn't want the same complaints in every thread, Dave. ;)

They are not the same. And instead of just complaining, prove me wrong and I won't say it anymore. It seems like everyone just ignores what is said.

So where am I wrong?

Will a 16:9 480 x 272 screen be better or not for emulation of systems that are all 320 x 220 or less? Is stretched and squashed better than 4:3 and 1:1?

Will an analog be better or worse for emulation?

Where will you get your custom battery from if/when the unit is discontinued?

Could this fragment the community or is there absolutely no chance of that?

And there is question about durability of that twisty screen. The wires in there will eventually break from twisting/untwisting.

hando posted on Aug 16 2005 at 08:33 AM said:
XGP2.jpg

XGP1.jpg

As title says. Enjoy first rendered pictures of XGP.
News info: Shinneri. Thanks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shit, that things fallen out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

I can almost hear the muffled sniggers of people as they pull out their PSP's and compare them side by side in the looks stakes.

DaveC posted on Aug 16 2005 at 06:26 PM said:
mr.miyagi posted on Aug 16 2005 at 04:15 PM said:
DaveC posted on Aug 16 2005 at 02:59 PM said:
16:9 screen + Analog controller = bad emulation system. 
It looks pretty digital to me.
Read the specs from GP. They have already said that it is analog.

Sorry DaveC.
My mistake :)

Dave- I know you've heard of that wonderful thing called the edit button; of the 11 posts on this page 6 are yours.

I'm with PinkSpider and many others- system is ugly as all hell but the screen is intriguing

Quiest posted on Aug 16 2005 at 07:20 AM said:
Vimacs posted on Aug 16 2005 at 12:09 PM said:
is that ut?

Don`t know for the big picture, but I can make out the UT rocketlauncher on the small pics!

Definately UT2003/04.

Its one of the robots holding a minigun in the big pictures and you can see the click to start message on the bottom of the screen. But these are just renders.

PinkSpider posted on Aug 16 2005 at 08:04 PM said:
http://www.gp32spain.com/reviews/xgp/xgp_02.jpg
Hmm. I dont particularly like it but the screen idea is nice.

Different buttons? :huh:

Personally, I like the black, menacing look of the XGP. :ph34r: It is a bit thick, though...

But so am I, and I'm fun to play with. :D B)

Analog stick? That's great! Such thing is really usefull for 3D games. I know some people who play racing games with digital direction pad instead - crazy.

Were is the logic in saying an analog stick is bad for emulation?

Back