Xgp - First Pictures

hando

Chief Editor
Website
www.gp32x.com
XGP2.jpg

XGP1.jpg

As title says. Enjoy first rendered pictures of XGP.
News info: Shinneri. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be closed source, but it's got some style. I won't be buying it, probably, but I like it. Any ideas on how much it'll cost?

that game they show looks a bit advanced for the hardware. but i could be wrong. and does that screen switch around? cause one pic shows the screen closed with no image then the other shows one with an image of the game. and the fact that it shows it open with the screen "backwards"

wow... imo, I admit I rarely saw a machine so ugly! I hope they were drunk when they designed that ^^
even the Ngage was better.... wait... hummm maybe no LOL
anyway, they only *try* to *poorly* copy the PSP design (& mix it with DS one maybe lol) & the result is worst that what I can immagine....
so : beurk!
I'll go for GPx2 ;)

it looks so cheap and crappy!! the plastics look flimsy and overly shiny (in a bad way).

More proof that GP are losing the plot! Looks like GPH knew what they were doing when they jumped ship!

Personally I think it looks the mutts and if that screen rotates like sony Clie screen then its perfect for both games and video. If only they have the sense to make it open source otherwise it'll go the way of the Zodiac :(

Hey, i love my Zodiac. Shame the company had to go and fold. OK, so after clearing up my mess after seeing the XGP, I need to know this before I give my kids my beloved Zod:

I can play the following on my Zodiac - can the XGP (or can it do it better)?

Emulate Mame, NES/.SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, Megadrive/Genesis
Doom 1 & 2
Quake
ScummVM games (day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max)

Not too worried about movies, cos I've got a HDD based PVR. Or can the GPX2 record from video sources like my Lyra?

And this USB on the go thing - does this mean i can plug an external HDD into these machines? Couldn't be bothered to read the blurb on the site - I'm not a manual person...

Ooh, and i forgot to ask - does it have any PIM features, or are there PIM apps out there?

Looks like a dodgy hybrid of the PSP and DS but I'll reserve judgements on the looks. Interesting, although of course it all depends on third party support, and needs something to take it above the PSP/DS.

Still, I'll still end up getting one. Hopefully we'll see more details soon.

Edit: Forgot to say, very impressive way of protecting the screen. Now that I like.

am i the only one whom thinks it looks pretty snazzy? its a bit 80s retro style with the shiny plastic but at least its trying something different!!

I like it. Both Gamepark Companies came out with good looking handhelds but XGP seems pretty big, unfortunately. By the way the game on the screen looks just like HALO.

Back