xfce desktop

andyB911

Website
Visit site
Haven't been using my pandora for a while, as other toys have taken my interest. But now back, running the latest firmware and all seems much better.

One issue though, and its a silly one...

I prefer xfce to the mini launcher. Not least as never managed to get wifi to turn on otherwise (although thats probably me / or been fixed).

Anyway, I have loads of apps but the desktop is small. In the past never managed to have folders on the desktop with apps in side. eg a utilities folder, a games folder etc. Instead I only see a few of them, or I increase the resolution to see more, but then each is hard to read.

Putting the pnd files in the desktop directory doesn't seem to help, but perhaps I'm doing something really silly.

Thanks...

PS Off topic, whats the generally accepted best browser to use (I'm still on firefox and how do you set a new browser as your default browser).

I have a patched version of the minimenu that lets you toggle wifi and edit connections from the select menu, it's not official and i made some additional tweaks to favour the listview if you want a copy. i've had no problems with so far.

Thanks for the advice. Testing QupZilla now. So far so good, although haven't managed to change the default search to google.co.uk.

However, I can't see to set the Start -> Web Browser to point to QupZilla. I can see where I should do it (Settings -> Desktop -> Settings Manager). But seems to be (unsurprisingly) looking for an executable and the QupZilla pnd file doesn't seem to be considered an executable, so when I set that as the source, I get an input / out error. I can always launch from desktop so not a big issue, but is useful as some apps use the 'default web browser', so any help would be great.

I now see that to remove the apps from my desktop I need to move them from 'apps' to 'menu' and only put the ones I want on the desktop, in the desktop directory. Makes sense, but I just presumed I could have folders on the desktop. Seems not... but now I can choose what I want there so no big issue.

The pndstore is fantastic and definitely makes the 'experience' a lot better. Working out if you are running the latest version of pnd is a thing of the past !!

Thanks,

Andy

PS pmprog - thanks for the offer, that would be great.

You could try to set "pnd_run /fullpathtopnd/pnd.pnd" as the executable. Maybe that will work. It could be, that it won't take any urls like this though.

That'll be good, was a bit of a mission to find it :) I don't have the pnd, just the executable. Works fine

Sent from my Amiga using the cli.

Back