Query about Desktop icons

andyhamer

I'm not really a great fan of them & prefer an uncluttered desktop, especially when you have limited screen estate to work with.

I generally am using XFCE, and was wondering if there was any way of removing them completely from the desktop (incl the Home & SD card icons) and just launching via the Pandora button & browser (i never use the icons to launch things anyway)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right-click on the desktop, click on Desktop Settings, and click on the Icons tab - you'll be able to tick what you want and untick what you don't want, there. ;)

edit: ninja'd

right-click on desktop, go to Desktop Settings (or press Pandora button, go to Settings, go to Desktop)

open Icons tab and uncheck the icons you don't want in the Default Icons box.

^ Oh, man, how I wish we could set our own custom titles here! :lol:

Thanks all.. there is an option for removing the home & SD icons, but not the apps/emulators.. how do i remove them?

never mind i figured it out, for some reason if i choose None, they are still there & minimise makes them disappear (go figure)

Just for reference how do i get back the functionality & icons, if i change my mind, iv'e noticed that right clicking the desktop no longer does anything.

To regain functionality/icons just Undo the steps in the desktop settings area related to icons to reverse things again. Yet dont store any PND files in pandora/desktop if you dont want any there in the first place either. Put them in menu or mmenu (which will hide them xfce entirely I believe).

Thanks all.. there is an option for removing the home & SD icons, but not the apps/emulators.. how do i remove them?
Putting PND files into pandora/desktop makes them appear on the desktop. If you just want them to appear in the menu, put them in pandora/menu. Put them in pandora/apps to appear in both.

Back