x2 Battery Situation

Monkfish

Having recently recieved my 1Ghz unit, after giving it the recommended 10 hour charge everything seems fine and all is working well. My Issue is that as i traded in my batch 1 unit sometime ago (July i think) to reduce the cost of acquiring the 1Ghz, i now have a secondary battery that has not been charged in 6 months (because i was in craig's stalled queue). Should i charge it again, or will it be discharged beyond usefulness by now?

Just put my old battery in, unsurprisingly it showed 0% but had enough juice in it to boot up the Pandora. I've put it onto charge, i'll give it 10 hours and see what happens.

Apparently, spare batteries should be left at 40% charge, in a plastic bag, in a fridge.

There's probably something on the wiki

Remarkably my old battery seems fine, it charges well and also retains charge well :)

I also had a secondary battery left when I sold my original CC unit back in May/June, it was fully charged and just kept in a cool dark place not in fridge.

Surprisingly when I popped it into my new1GHz unit 6 months later it reported a 94% charge level! I'm still using it and its sitting at 53% after 2 days of use.

Back