New Battery from craig..

Wally

I am a banana!
Hi Guys,

I purchased a spare battery about 4 months or so ago just for the sake of having an additional battery.

Now considering my Power Adapter port is damaged from being yanked off the desk (yikes!) I cannot seem to charge this battery in anyway although I did look in another thread to find that ED gave out a battery with 60% charge at least.

My question is, do these batteries come charged at all? Is there someone in Melbourne Aus (Glaring at THB) that could charge it the slightest for me so I can at least use it with USB charge?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased a spare battery about 4 months or so ago just for the sake of having an additional battery.

Now considering my Power Adapter port is damaged from being yanked off the desk (yikes!) I cannot seem to charge this battery in anyway although I did look in another thread to find that ED gave out a battery with 60% charge at least.

My question is, do these batteries come charged at all? Is there someone in Melbourne Aus (Glaring at THB) that could charge it the slightest for me so I can at least use it with USB charge?

No hope of getting another Power adapter?

I think he means the Pandora side of the jack.

Oh yes, sorry.

Could the direct power supply connectors on the boards be any help?

Yes I mean the Jack has yanked out and I don't feel confident in resoldering it.

I tried it about 3 months after and it didn't seem to work. This is why I sorta want to Slingshot it off to THB (might have to PM him)

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Have you kept the battery charged in the time you have had it? Or have you just left it sitting somewhere for 4 months?

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Have you kept the battery charged in the time you have had it? Or have you just left it sitting somewhere for 4 months?

Thats probably the problem, Its been sitting in a dark drawer for the duration.

I dunno if you charge them or not. Nobody can give me a straight answer :p

Charging by USB at power on doesn't work.. Wonder if this could be a firmware feature request.

Yes, they come with a charge, often 20-40%, but you need to keep them topped up a little, it might be totally dead, however it's possible to bring them back to life - just leave it charging for a day or so and it should be fine, unless you left it somewhere very cold/hot in which case the capacity may have been damaged but you should still be able to resurrect it and get life out of it, it may be reduced somewhat, down to maybe 70%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but how often should a spare battery be recharged? Is it better to completely recharge it or charge it to a certain level (say 60%).

My understanding is that ~40% to ~60%* is the best bet if you're going to be storing it (in a cool location, of course) and not using it for a while. If you're expecting to use it in short order, 90% to 100% would probably be better.

*(This seems to differ depending on who's saying it, and I can't remember which is the more common of the two that's advised, so you'd be best served by looking this up instead of just taking my word for it.)

Back