X server segfault when using BT keyboard

http://notaz.gp2x.de/tmp/xserver-xorg_1.7.7-r14.2.5_armv7a.ipk

Copy this to pandora in some way and run "sudo opkg install xserver-xorg_1.7.7-r14.2.5_armv7a.ipk", then reboot and test. If you want to check if it installed properly, check first line of /var/log/Xorg.0.log , it should report 1.7.7 instead of 1.7.4.
So, no BT keyboard users are up for some testing?
Since its raining outside, and I can ususally reproduce this error in few minutes, I'll give it a go!

Copy this to pandora in some way and run "sudo opkg install xserver-xorg_1.7.7-r14.2.5_armv7a.ipk", then reboot and test. If you want to check if it installed properly, check first line of /var/log/Xorg.0.log , it should report 1.7.7 instead of 1.7.4.
Since its raining outside, and I can ususally reproduce this error in few minutes, I'll give it a go!
One message during the ipk install:

xserver-org: unsatisfied recommendation for xserver-security-policy

Rebooted, check version no, 1.7.7 installed OK.

After 10 minutes of sustained typing of gibberish, I HAVE NOT had a freeze. Normally, I would get a freeze after just 3 minutes of sustained typing. I certainly never got to this time length before.

My keyboard is BT3.0, and I tested under SZ 1.54, using OpenBox and mousepad. I'll apply this update to my other OP running SZ 1.60 and report back if it fails. However, this looks like it may well be a runnner. Some other BT keyboard users may like to try and confirm my findings.......

Many thanks to notaz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Applied the update to my SZ 1.60 OP and hesy presto, NO server issues.

I'll keep an eye out for any X-Server wierdness, but so far I've only got postive things to say about this update.

Ive got a problem with my pandy at mo..Cant boot into xfce. I need to reflash but dont have an sd card at mo.

Will test as soon as i can get hold of a spare sd card.

Thanks so much for looking and Ill report back as soon as Ive tested

Oops!  Got a crashed!

OZY5u6i.jpg

Come on peeps, can't anyone else be bothered to test this?????? Just two of us??????
Wasn't at home (where my BT-keyboard lies) in the last days and the house here (and the one besides) got a complete power cut yesterday so I had to get all my frozen stuff to my gf and stay there. Will try that after work today.

Ok, seemed to work well, so I went hardcore and tried pressing two and three keys at the same time now and then, this killed X very fast.

Well at least it works better if you use it carefully.

FWIW multiple keys cause no issues for me, is there some specific key combo that kills it?

Yeah, this thing is hard to tell.  I just smashed the keyboard with all of my ten fingers so can't tell you what combination :)

But in my post #52, I didn't perform any multiple key smashing.  I typed stuff for a while with no issue.  I then just left it there without typing anything for a little while and it killed X.

Oh, I used LibreOffice Writer to test.

Rats, just crashed mine.

This combination is guaranteed (on my keyboard) to cause the crash:

<LEFT SHIFT><CTRL><ALT><WIN><ENTER><DELETE>

I can now generate the crash on demand :D

Crashed again on my.  Didn't use MarkW combo as mine doesn't have ALT key neither.  Type a whole bunch of stuff, left it and did nothing for a while, came back and typed some more and the thing crashed.

Back